John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got some pics of the sound system! :cool:

MP3/Ipod player with FM radio.

More photos of it in my photo album for anyone interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sure! More pictures covering the install and features in my photo album here: http://www.gatorforums.net/forum/members/273-albums3.html

I ordered this stereo: SSV WORKS -WP-OU4 - WeatherProof iPod Overhead Audio System

Easy install, the box mounts over the top of the side rollbars. I then ran the wiring into the frame's factory hole on the left side down the back of the ROPS into the battery box compartment. Mounted the remote holder...plugged in my Ipod and done!

Couple of drawbacks to know about:

During playback using the ipod/iphone input, the speakers make that "digital" sound when someone's cell phone is near it getting a call or text..... (put your cell phone by your computer speakers for a few minutes and you'll know what I'm talking about.)

The FM tuner is encased inside the fiberglass enclosure which makes the FM reception pretty weak....I plan on installing an external FM antenna on mine this winter.

It's pretty pricey, but remember what you're getting: weatherproof fiberglass enclosure, 4x weathrproof speakers, amplifier, and FM radio.

·
Registered
4 Posts
stereo

man that thing is awesome where did you find it. ive been looking at stereo kits but havent found the one i want yet pretty priced also

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
1 - 10 of 10 Posts