John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought Roctane XD tires about 11 months ago. I really like the tires. After my last ride I noticed my machine developed a bumpy ride. This morning I check the roundness of my tires simply by jacking it up, applying some throttle and sitting a can or something stationary by the tire to compare the distance between the can and the tire tread as it rotated. One rear tire is real bad and the front tire on the same side is pretty bad. Kind of odd if you asked me. Anyways, I submitted a claim to STI for warranty since they have a 2 year period on them. I'm hoping they step up and warranty them. As I was getting pictures of the serial numbers to send them, I noticed this (picture attached). I didn't realize this back tire was rubbing the concrete as I was check the front tires and when I turned it over to get the serial number, you can obviously see the low spot that didn't rub at all.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
wow!!! I have ITP blackwater EVOs im hoping mine dont do that samething

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've had a dozen machines over the years and this is the first time I've experienced this or seen it on an ATV tire.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After finding their Facebook page, I saw a post from another customer who had some issues with a couple of wheels. He submitted a claim, just like I did, and it had been a week and no response from STI. That was discouraging! Luckily the person behind the Facebook page was able to get his process started or sped up. So last Friday, I googled their phone number and called. I couldn't get past the receptionist. She said that I needed to go through the vendor I bought them from, Discount Tires Direct....even though anyone can files a claim through STI's website. I figured it couldn't hurt, so I called DTD. Spoke to a friendly woman and she found my order from 10 months ago and said she would call STI and call me back. Still haven't heard back from her.

Back to the STI Facebook page I go.... I asked them to check on my claim and they told me to email them about it. I did that, and got a response last night that said they could not find my claim anywhere. Exact same response the the other customer got...nice. He asked that I email him the pictures (and videos) I had with some other information. He said they had some issues with initial product runs and they have since corrected that. Shockingly, he emailed back with in 30 minutes and said he was shipping me 2 new tires! Told me to destroy the old ones instead of shipping them back.

Besides the claim issues not getting through their system, I'm happy it was easy enough to get a claim resolved.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
NICE! So it sounds like someone up there can do their job haha glad u got it figured out and sounds like you can have u a nice warm bonfire with the old tires haha.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts