John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive been doing some looking i want to put a super winch 4500 synthetic rope in my 850i but i dont know how to figure if it will fit for length cuz its 2.1inches longer than the stock warn they put in them. So any help would be appreciated thanks

·
Registered
813 Posts
I have the Super Winch 4500 with synthetic rope in my 550. I can't imagine it would be a problem in the 825 as my front end is much narrower.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I have the Super Winch 4500 with synthetic rope in my 550. I can't imagine it would be a problem in the 825 as my front end is much narrower.
It definitely fits in an 825i. The top to bottom pocket is a little bit bigger than the plastic bumper shows.

·
Registered
140 Posts
It fits. You need KFI adapter plate because the front winch mount for trail model is to tall I believe. Because of the receiver. The width isn't a problem I have 4000 lb in there

·
Registered
813 Posts
When you purchase your winch also order the winch saver. It's the rubber/plastic doughnut right behind the hook. Bunky's photo shows it and you really should get one as well. Synthetic rope while very strong is more sensitive to cutting and abrasion so you want to keep the lips of your fairlead nice and smooth. Without with ribber doughnut the metal hook will gouge the aluminum fairlead when fully retracted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts