John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could use some help, got her stuck in a river 3feet deep water over the intake box.. Drained oil an trans removed plugs let it sit over night.. Now what?? Hurd filling it with diesel to clean out the oil for the transmission not sure ? Any an all help would be great ..

Attachments

·
Registered
242 Posts
I Have an 2012 825i and refuse to go into water deeper than the floorboards at 24 inches youre sucking in water thru the air filter..at 26" your drive belt is wet and now slipping, now you are stuck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dumping the water

Dumping all the water from the exhaust, air box took the spark plugs out an water came out like a fountain..

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
Complaint or Symptom :

• Vehicle was run through deep water (over the floorboard) or was stuck in water. What to check?
  • Vehicle in shop for service, technician suspects it was run in water.
Problem or Situation :

Unsure of what to check. No published guidelines.
Solution :

Use the following as a guideline if you suspect unit was driven in water above the floorboard:
  1. Remove fill plug from front differential and check for contamination.
  2. Remove can/dipstick from remote reservoir check condition of engine oil.
  3. Pull dipstick from transmission, check condition of oil.
  4. Remove fill plug from rear differential and check condition of oil.
  5. Remove drain plug from clutch enclosure to drain any water.
If any of the above indicate contamination:
  1. Notify customer that any service done is most likely not warrantable.
  2. Change fluids in all components listed above, replace engine oil filter. Review solution 91045 on how to check for proper oil level.
  3. Engine running fine - do your best to check fuel for contamination. Replace the filter regardless.
  4. Engine running poor - drain tank completely and replace filter.
  5. Inspect and replace air filter as needed.
  6. Lubricate all grease fittings. Refer to OM as necessary.
Additional Information :

If in much deeper water such as a flood, failures of switches, display functions, lights, etc are likely in the future as corrosion forms. It is better to address the issue now. In addition to all the above::
  • Disconnect the battery of the vehicle as soon as possible.
  • Remove/disconnect/clean all electrical connectors with compressed air or WD 40. Pay special attention to the actual pins on the connectors for ECU, Dash Display & Load Center.
  • Apply dielectric grease to the electrical connectors before reassembly.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Something else that always bugs me are the CV joints. The boots have a lot of area on both ends that needs to seal perfectly and the clamps don't cinch very tight. I'd be tempted to at least open them up and see if any water drains out.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I got into a little trouble with my machine last summer. I thoroughly drained all fluids and it fired up for about 5 minutes. Died and wouldn't fire thereafter. Had spark, had fuel. Finally took it to Deere, they had it for a week and finally came to the conclusion it was the $75 lower oxygen sensor on the right hand side. Change fluids and see if she fires! See what she does and update. Don't run it very long though, cause it took me about 15 quarts of oil to finally get rid of all "milkiness" in the oil after the o2 sensor was fixed. you will also want to change your front, rear and mid fluids transmission fluids!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lots of oil

So I've went through about 25 gallons of oil, front an rear dif, trans, 5 oil filters 5 gallons of diesel 5 gallons of regular gas 2 spark plugs 2 o2 sensor air filter fuel filter

Flushed the dif w diesel 3times blew out after every time filled with cheep diff oil spun the tires drained it out blew it out. Filled w john deer diff oil.. Blown out vent lines

Drained trans, filled w cheep ATF Blew it out after every drain then filled with john deer trans fluid . Blew out the vent line

Took the exhaust off drained water , tilted muffler so it could drain over night. Put it back together new o2 sensor

Took the fuel tank off drained it put a gallon in it shook it up drained it blew out the vent lines

Drained the clutch housing took the cover off cleaned it out belt look good put it back together

Moved all the vent lines up the roll bar

Drained the oil pulled hoses blew them out blew the aluminum lines to the oil cooler changed oil filter used cheep oil ran it for 15 to 20 mins after every change, after the forth time oil looked good put the john deer 0w-40 In it. Ran it for half a day changed all the fluids again

Went though every connection cleaned w electric component cleaner

It only has 200 miles on it 2013rsx850i trail 27 rip shaw glass windshield w wiper 2 inch lift rear poly Shield

For sale has been swamped J/K!!

will see how it goes the next few months

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Service light

So the service light comes on after 8-10 mins of running, turn it off same thing comes back on after 8-10 mins.. Any ideas or what to check??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts