John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I know every state is different. Hopefully someone from AR can answer this... I got my RSX new from an OK dealer. OK doesn't have sales tax on ATVs UTVs. I got my mso today. I assume if I title it here in AR I owe the sales tax?? I hate to pay it but I suppose I need to title it so I can sell it when ready. Does anyone have a definite answer? $800 is about to go out the door :(

Thanks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
You will probably have to pay at some point either way. I bought atv in NC and didn't pay sales tax bc they delivered/shipped to sc state line. You don't have to title in sc so I didn't title and didn't pay sales tax. About 2-3 years later I received notice in the mail stating that I owed sales tax and late fee....had to pay it.

·
Registered
709 Posts
In Indiana, if you purchase a machine outside of the state, and didnt pay sales tax, (or even if you did) you will have to pay Sales or Use Tax depending on the situation. Most states dont give taxes paid to another state...they keep them to theirselves. That's why most states wont charge you sales tax if you are from out of state.

Either way it goes, you'll have to pay. More than likely when you go to title it!

·
Registered
483 Posts
In VA, they just offer a certification of origin..no title for utility vehicles. ATV's have more rules.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts