John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a TE Gator that has dropped to 30% speed, blink code is 1 - 3, Speed Sensor Fault. Is there an after market equivalent to the speed sensor used on the TE Gator?

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Curious... Is the speed sensor too expensive from JD or not available?

Hope someone responds with an aftermarket part for you. JD doesn a good job of protecting it's replace part business, so it is often difficult to find.

Should you find something, please post back with the details.

Good luck.

Reactions: Deano

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, $250+ for a magnet, a bit of wire and a hall effect sensor seemed a bit much. Since much of the drivetrain in a TE looks like a golf cart, I was guessing that there could be some interchangeable parts. Still hunting :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Amazon has multiple choices. I purchased this part for our 2007 TE, (3G Speed Sensor for Club Car ADC Electric Motor Golf Carts) just copy and paste to Amazon search bar and it will be the first one. I searched reviews and found one where the person said that he purchased for his TE gator and it worked, so I took a shot and BAM !! I Paid $21.99 and installed 2 months ago and still performing well. Good luck !!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello and thanks! I just ran across that earlier, but the plug is different.. I'm guessing you cut/spliced the old plug on the new sensor?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes you're correct I did have to splice the old connector onto the new sensor, should've mentioned that I guess. I soldered and shrink wrapped. Pretty straight forward. Well worth the time, to me, saved a bunch !!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts