John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
XUV 825i Fuel Gauge

I have a 2011 825i and neither of the fuel gauges work. The float type on the top of the gas tank shows empty all of the time and the electronic one on the dash only lights-up occasionally. The electronic one has never accurately shown the amount of gas. Your feedback would be appreciated.

·
Registered
195 Posts
The 825i only has the float style guage that has known to give problems. The dash display will show the bar graff when first turned on but does not have a sender for it in the tank. The new 2013 models do have the fuel sender on them that shows up on the display, but it also has a different fuel tank.

·
Registered
2 Posts
825i Fuel Gauge

Gatordone,
Thanks for your comment. I did not know the electronic gauge is not connected.
I was able to remove the float gauge assembly in the tank and found that the plastic float that slides up to show fuel level is saturated and stays at the bottom even though it moves freely. I had to order a new gauge from my dealer @ $24.00. Obviously a defective product, but no longer under my warranty. By the way, removing the float assembly requires one to carefully use a wood block or wedge along with long nose pliers or something wide enough that can be inserted under both sides of the lip in order to pry the assembly out of the rubber bushing. It takes a lot of downward hand pressure to reinsert the gauge back into bushing.

·
Registered
25 Posts
can i get the sender and enable that feature on my 2012?

The 825i only has the float style guage that has known to give problems. The dash display will show the bar graff when first turned on but does not have a sender for it in the tank. The new 2013 models do have the fuel sender on them that shows up on the display, but it also has a different fuel tank.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts