John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unit has been harder steering then usual for a month or so, finally got it into the shop yesterday and noticed the front wheels were not tracking right, found a bent bar from the rack to the tie rod end. I've not started on it yet but parts breakdown shows it does come out but not a replaceable part. Anybody straightened these or made new ones? guessing the rack is pricey.

·
Registered
764 Posts
While you gave a good description of the part in question, it's often helpful to add a picture of the part with it clearly identified or insert the parts illustration and call out the item number.

The easier you make it for the other members to understand, increases the odds of a quality response.

Can you still purchase the whole rack with the bent part?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks 200, parts page would not let me save the pic, not tec enough to to transfer from my phone, usually send it to my daughter who emails it back...... some things need a pic, don't think this is one. Got a look at it today, anybody ever pull a link rod from a steering rack?

·
Registered
764 Posts
The steering rack is under $170, which isn't too bad considering how much JD parts can cost. Worse case you try and straighten and it doesn't work out.

Attached illustration for you.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, so now that you have it up.....nut #12, inside the rack? just wondering since they don't show the lock nut that's on the tie rod(other end).

·
Registered
764 Posts
Hopefully someone with experience will assist.

Or

You could take the boot off and take a look if no replies.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi , I have a new tierod I can sell you if you are interested. I bought it for my rack
And found out It needs more other parts to get it right, so I bailed on it. I did put it on my rack and later took it off after seeing the other stuff it needed. If you want it I’ll take $25 including shipping.
You can private message me or call or text me at — 772/285/3913. I’m in Palm City Fl.
If you are not in the states or Alaska or Hawaii , let me know and with your zip code I can get a better shipping quote . Let me know. Thanks, I’m Bob. I gotta figure out how to attach the pics from my pad.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Trying to upload pics ,a real pain in the butt.
can you message me back , or I’ll text you the pics . I can’t figure out how to do this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts