John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sure do like these things, but man do they make you work for them. I have fun when I can and I like it, but my wallet and bank account SCREAM!!!!!!!!!:D:eek::D:eek::cool:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Fun money pits none the less, I'm a Chev man but those Ford Raptors do look good.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you sir!!!!! I used to be a Chevy man, but not anymore. I am sorry, I am all Ford, no Government Motors here!!!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey Batman that is an awesome raptor, I wanted one of those but I couldn't afford it so I got an F-150 Fx4 with leather interior instead. I was in a really bad work accident in 2008 I got crushed by a tractor. Anyway I don't do as much off roading as I used to so I figured the truck would never be off road anyway. Yeah I used to be a chevy man too but not anymore.

I know about money pits I used to own a bad 79 f-150 but it got destroyed from going off road and mud pits. It seemed like I was always putting money into it rebuilt axles broken axle shafts, bent frame. Man I never did get around to a nice paint job. But that was before I got crushed in a really bad tractor accident when I could still lift the big tires. I miss those good old days.....

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice looking rigs!!!!!!!! Yeah....times used to be awesome!!! Now you gotta bust yo but to stay up with the bills. Hate to hear about the wreck, that sucks. I like the '79!!!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks Batman you got some awesome rigs too. Yeah I had a lot of good times with that old 79. Good times, anyway I might get another 79 if I see a decent looking one for sale to build up. Yeah that accident sucked it crushed the left side of my face , messed up my brain stem, crushed my right foot so bad my foot looked like a bag of bones nothing like a foot and messed up my back. I had to get brain surgery so I wouldn't be paralyzed, the left side of my face is now made of titanium, I have an implant holding my left eye up. I had to learn how to add, subtract, and spell again. I still don't remember much of my child hood or school. But I take it one day at a time you know. I know about bills I had to sell my horses couldn't afford them. I couldn't be a laborer anymore cause I can't lift more than 25 pounds now. I wasn't educated to be in many other kinds of jobs so I started my own. I make leather wallets, purses, belts, holsters that sort of thing. That is why I call myself leatherworker cause that is what I do all day work with leather and make things out of it.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dayum......hate to hear about the wreck. Damn that hurts thinking about it. Glad to know that you are ok now and that they were able to piece you back together. Man......a lot of pain you have went thru. The way things are now-a-days, you have to take it one day at a time.

Self Employment is the best to some extent in my book.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nice rides! How about some pros and cons gator vs. RAZR!?!

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You cant really compare a Gator RSX 850i to a RZR 900 XP. That's like comparing apples to oranges. If I was going to compare to a rzr it would be the 800 or 570. With that being said, the RZRs are PURE SPORTS, the RSX is a SPORT UTILITY.

If I was going to compare my 2 rides, I would say for work I would go with the Gator everytime. For fun, its a toss up, it depends on what I am doing. They are both great machines and fun as all get out.

Yes, the RZR 900 has more power and better agility, like I said its PURE SPORT.

The Gator RSX has great low end torque, it pulls like a mule on steroids. Top speed sucks, but in time I think JD will improve on that as there SXS evolve.

I can throw the rzr around more than the gator, but the gator will throw around more than most if not any UTV.

There is times I will take out the RZR more than the Gator, or there is times I will take out the Gator more than the RZR. Then there is times I will take both out and ride one more than the other or switch up. Usually when I take both out, a family member or real close friend is driving one.

Hope this helps, keep the questions coming.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice Magilla!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me and my dad have a 2008 Shelby Cobra GT500 and a 2008 Shelby Cobra GT500KR. He wants to sell the KR. It is a 40th anniversary with like 30 miles. The 500 only has 300 on it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts