John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
825i Gator throttle body cable

I have the same problem mentioned before. The accelerator cable is coming off the throttle body more frequently. The cable is attached to a fitting which is simply push onto a stud on the throttle body. Nothing holds the fitting in place. Does anybody have a solution for this poor design.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2011 started doing this at about 2 years old! it is a pain in the butt! The dealership said this cannot happen as it is a 1 piece pressed together piece. HAH! They were happy to order a new piece for me but I never got around to putting it on, it's been hanging on my wall for 8 -10 years. it wasn't big deal to just snap old one back when it fell off. And it looked like more work to pull old one off seeing it has a spring wrapped around it........however now my grandkids are starting to drive it and they do not know how to put it backon.. I was going to do it today question is is there an easy way to keep spring in place so it doesn't lose it's tension when you remove it? No time like procrastinating for 8 to 10 years

1 - 5 of 5 Posts