John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 XUV 550 with the vanguard V twin 16hp Have been working on it putting in
seals and gaskets. I am now at the point of hooking up the Accelerator linkage to the carb
and need a picture as to how these pieces will attach. Can anyone tell me where I can go to find
this? I took some pictures when i was tearing it down but this area was not one of them.

·
Administrator
3,898 Posts
I have a 2012 XUV 550 with the vanguard V twin 16hp Have been working on it putting in
seals and gaskets. I am now at the point of hooking up the Accelerator linkage to the carb
and need a picture as to how these pieces will attach. Can anyone tell me where I can go to find
this? I took some pictures when i was tearing it down but this area was not one of them.
Have you tried looking at partscatalog.deere.com ? There are times looking at part diagrams have helped me.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
They’re not great, but JD-Parts has illustrated parts diagrams that may help if others can’t provide something better.

·
Administrator
3,898 Posts
Font Screenshot Monochrome photography Watch Monochrome

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the responses and the pictures, they did help get it all back together. I also found a site to download a shop manual for this gator for $29.99. It is 500 pages but
it's just like one from john deere. Give me all the break downs, torque specs and everything a mechanic needs. I got it all back together and it is running good except for the
hard shifting. I tried polishing the clutch pins, rollers ect. but it didn't help much.

·
Administrator
3,898 Posts
Good news, now it sounds like the Primary clutch is sticking.

Try the Search Community function at the top of this page, there is a long term proven solution with a warranty available.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts