John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been monitoring this and other forums for months now, and it is time to make a decision. I will be using the machine for:

1. To move in and out of bottoms that a D6 dozer opened up for me. The trail is 400-500 yards long in a switchback pattern with on 70 yard section being extremely(40 degrees or so) steep. It needs to climb this with 2 or 3 hunters and deer etc.
2. Maintain the trails haul gear (stands, feed and feeders) up and down.
3.Pull a 600-700 lb UTV disc in very small food plots.

I have narrowed my search down (I think) to three machines listed in the order (again I think) I want:
Pioneer 4
Gator 825i
Ranger 900 XP

If the Pioneer will do the three above I feel it suits me the best. I DO NOT care about speed at all only climbing and hauling SAFELY. Any advice or help and especially correction of my though process would be greatly appreciated. I am in South Eastern Ky so the elevation issue should not be a problem. If you can help a dummy as I have zero experience with any UTV.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!!!!!!!

If it was me I would go with the Gator 825i or the Ranger 900XP. It would be a hard choice for me.

On the other hand, you are not really comparing apples to apples. The Gator 825i is more compared to the Ranger 800.

If you went with the Gator 825i you will not be disappointed. All that you want would be right up the gators ally. I know ppl that do that and more with there 825i with no problem.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I am not a Salesmen..The 2012 825 that I have is what you want..But its a 2 seater..With a Big BED to Haul a whole lotta of stuff in

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would say if there is going to be water or deep mud involved go with the polaris 900xp. The gator is great but water and mud is a killer during hunting season. There are more accessories for the 900 to carry you in and out of the woods. Polaris has more power but it's the need for it you have to decide. Just my 2 cents, not worth much!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts