John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for a new trailer to tow the 855D and was wondering if anyone with a 8xx series Gator has used a CargoMax trailer to do so. Living in the northeast aluminum and polymer bed have it's advantages. Biggest concern is with the 72" width. Currently using a 77"x120" steel trailer that has seen its better days.

Cargo-Max Trailer

Looking for thoughts, experiences and concerns from the group.

Reactions: Bradhill

·
Administrator
3,821 Posts
Nice looking trailers, are they using different material on the tandem axle or are they using the same material as the single axle ?

·
Registered
391 Posts
I use a 20' flatbed which is overkill. It is a tilt so easy to drive stuff up on it vs. ramps you have to aim at. Since I got it for my tractor with whatever accessories I need for the job, I never saw a need for something else. That said, if I were to do a lot of hunting/camping at various locations, I'd go for a smaller unit.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice looking trailers, are they using different material on the tandem axle or are they using the same material as the single axle ?
I believe it is the same. Not looking for a lot of capacity, but concerned the bed is a bit tight for the Gator width. Thinking about 13’ length.

Torsion galvanized axles.

Thinking it could also handle other chores - wood mulch etc.

·
Administrator
3,821 Posts
I believe it is the same. Not looking for a lot of capacity, but concerned the bed is a bit tight for the Gator width. Thinking about 13’ length.

Torsion galvanized axles.

Thinking it could also handle other chores - wood mulch etc.
Torsion axles are great, my only concern with aluminum trailers is the tendency for welds cracking and frame twisting -if- you use on unimproved roads.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts