John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm Dan and new to the forums. I bought a well used 1999 4x6 Diesel last year. It worked pretty good, living in upstate NY I put a plow on it and used it to tool around the property. I have kept it inside my shop and it sat for about 3 months while I waited to get new tires. Once the new tires were on it didn't want to move, I finally got it moving but I have to stomp the gas to get it moving and it creaks and moans to get going. It slowly stops moving and I had to let it rest on a 200ft trip down the driveway. I put it up on jack stands to check it out, the left side spins and the right does not unless it is in the 4x6 mode. I have a video on youtube for help diagnosis.
I would like to get it up before the snow starts falling again and I have 400ft of drive to clear by hand. Thanks for any suggestions on where to begin.

Thanks.

Dan

·
Super Moderator
3,640 Posts
Hello all,

I'm Dan and new to the forums. I bought a well used 1999 4x6 Diesel last year. It worked pretty good, living in upstate NY I put a plow on it and used it to tool around the property. I have kept it inside my shop and it sat for about 3 months while I waited to get new tires. Once the new tires were on it didn't want to move, I finally got it moving but I have to stomp the gas to get it moving and it creaks and moans to get going. It slowly stops moving and I had to let it rest on a 200ft trip down the driveway. I put it up on jack stands to check it out, the left side spins and the right does not unless it is in the 4x6 mode. I have a video on youtube for help diagnosis. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH6dfymOd4s I would like to get it up before the snow starts falling again and I have 400ft of drive to clear by hand. Thanks for any suggestions on where to begin.

Thanks.

Dan

Welcome @dan!

The video is showing “unavailable “ can you please check the link?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts