John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or is the RSX a little clunky going from neutral to H or R? I recall a gator that used to run around the campground we were at and it constantly made horrible grinding noises. This scares me a bit because sometimes the RSX seems stiff to shift then if its not all the way in gear it grinds too. So I'm very careful now putting it into H or R and very slowly touch the gas pedal to make sure it engages. Sometimes it seeems like if the machine rocks forward or back a little bit then it slides right into gear. Is this how it is supposed to be? Is it just because it's brand new?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just picked up my rsx last night and haven't had it out but this is pretty normal for anything with a cvt trans. my yamaha rhino and grizzly are the same way and get caught in a bind at times. usually just got burp the gas and it shifts.

·
Registered
904 Posts
My RZR nor my RSX grinds. I have an old 6x4 diesel gator that grinds. I had the gear shifter recall done on mine and they adjust the shifting linkage. That could be the problem with yalls grinding. My RSX would not go into gear or jump out before the recall was done.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Mine was horrible for engaging until it went back to have the shifter replaced and same as Batman they did some linkage adjustment, much better now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts