1,082 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,861 Posts
Date of Manufacture database.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Jar Tim .. Wow ! Finally a serial number lower than mine! My gas 6X4 s/n is W006X4X009266. I have been told by local JD dealer and John Deere service records that mine is a 1994 according to the range of the serial.number. These units were the initial production run of the 6X4’s. They built the same units from 1993-1995. I rescued mine out of a barn in March this year after sitting there for 14+ years. Send me a private message if you need any help with resources for parts, restoration, etc.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm another one .I just became the owner of a Gator . Was told that they had no idea as to year or model . The only numbers I can find is on the frame VGOTURF017426 Any help you'll clan give me would be great. Also is there any where to download a owner manual?

·
Super Moderator
2,861 Posts
I'm another one .I just became the owner of a Gator . Was told that they had no idea as to year or model . The only numbers I can find is on the frame VGOTURF017426 Any help you'll clan give me would be great. Also is there any where to download a owner manual?

I believe you own a 2002 Turf Gator,
Operators Manual can be found here:

http://manuals.deere.com/omview/OMM171489_19/?tM=HO

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just became the owner of a Gator . Was told that they had no idea as to year or model . The only numbers I can find is on the frame W00TURF006553. Any help ya'll can give me would be great. Also is there any where to download a owner manual.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Gator 6x4

Hello to all! I just purchased this mint condition 6x4 gator and wanted to know if anyone knew the year and engine specs of this thing! # V006x4x020252! thanks again1

·
Registered
1,082 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,861 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,861 Posts
Hello to all! I just purchased this mint condition 6x4 gator and wanted to know if anyone knew the year and engine specs of this thing! # V006x4x020252! thanks again1

Can you verify the PIN? The first letter (V) seems to be incorrect.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sounds like your idle might be set too high. When shifting you either must be stopped or slowly rolling in the direction you are shifting. By rolling slowly I mean 1-2 mph. There is an adjustment screw on the carb to adjust the idle. Looking at the carb from the top you will see 2 cables. One is the choke and the other is the throttle going to the governor. With the engine off, operate the throttle pedal and watch the top of the carb. You will see the governor operate the throttle plate. The set screw is on it. Backing it out lowers the idle. Make sure the engine is warmed up before resetting it. Shouldn’t take more than 1/4 to 1/3 turn to get it right

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently bought a older 6x4... i know nothing about them but im trying to fix it up a little.. Can anyone tell me the year and model and if its possible to get parts for it? I only paid 500 for it and it runs and drives but needs a few things.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,861 Posts
I recently bought a older 6x4... i know nothing about them but im trying to fix it up a little.. Can anyone tell me the year and model and if its possible to get parts for it? I only paid 500 for it and it runs and drives but needs a few things.

I believe you have a 2001 year model 6x4 Gator.

On edit: Parts can be found at
partscatalog.deere.com check online at Green Farm Parts or Green Parts Store for pricing. These sites also have links to the parts catalog. Often you can save when buying parts online.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Trying to get as much information on a work gator, I've checked the charts and not seeing this particular model #: W004X2X072000 . Any help is much appreciated!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Trying to get as much information on a work gator, I've checked the charts and not seeing this particular model #: W004X2X072000 . Any help is much appreciated!
Maybe look at the charts again. :D It's in there.

Curious what "charts" did you look at? Do you have a link?

JD dealer can provide workshop manuals. Owners manuals can be found on their website or by a simple search.

Did you run the SN before purchasing to verify it was stolen? You might be surprised when you start publishing SN's.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello we have a Gator and also trying to figure out the year if someone can help us? M0HP4GT041285

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
The information is posted in the Sticky under "Gator General Discussions"

If not listed in the mentioned documentation, you'll need to consult your dealer of choice.

Gator General Discussion Model/Year Lookup

Bradhill or other moderators: Please consider locking this thread.

221 - 238 of 238 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.