John Deere Gator Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trying to find year and model **READ BOTTOM THREAD**

179K views 237 replies 85 participants last post by  200mph 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello. I recently aquired an older gator serial number W006X4X060930, from what I can tell. Is there anyone that can tell me the year and model?

#58 ·
XabuJr,

Perhaps if you contact a JD dealer they might be able to provide the information you're seeking.

Regards

#59 ·
I pulled up that vin in the warranty system and other than basic info like build date (3-2-2010), invoice date and buyer no other information is listed on its codes. It was sold to a gov. agency.

I believe these items are only ordered under a base unit and anything they added to it (like lights or roof) would be considered a branch add on that will not show in build codes.

#60 ·
Yeah, it's got a roof, windshield, plow, etc. They also claim it is a 2x4, despite the obvious 4x4 sticker on the back, but if you're not paying attention it's hard to see. The video sounds like it's a diesel, but hard to say.

Thanks for looking though :) I'll likely go after it anyway as long as it stays under $10k.

#61 · (Edited)
I believe Gators with diesels have a "D" in the model number. Example: 850D or 855D. Perhaps someone who owns a similar model can confirm which engine it has.

I'm thinking it has 617cc (23 hp) liquid cooled, twin cylinder, 4-cycle Kawasaki gas engine and a top speed of 30mph if not speed limited to 20mph.

#66 ·
hi all serial numbers

Hi All, just picked up a 6X4 Diesel from a govt auction and trying to decipher the year. the tag reads W006X4D036422
although there is a scratch directly thru the letter D, I believe its a D.
Year ?
Thanks
Also which is the better / more reliable engine? the gas or the diesel?

#67 ·
It looks like a 2003 if I didn't misrepresent the SN.

6X4 Gator
W006X4D033542 - 036800

#69 ·
Discount Tire generally offer great prices and have quick shipping!

#71 ·
Here's what I found...

2000 4x2 Gator W004X2X048599 - 062730

Hope this helps your cause.

#73 ·
2007 MOHP4GX050001-060000 4X4 Gator HPX Utility Vehicle (Gas) -PC9345

Looks to be a 2007...

#75 ·
#77 ·
#79 ·
You are more than welcome !!

#81 ·
Jerry- Which link does not work?

#83 ·
I have an older Gator. Trying to find out what year. PIN # is M004x4x101148. Any help is appreciated.

Tough one , can you please verify the PIN?

#85 ·
#87 ·
You are welcome- please verify PIN when you order parts.

#89 ·
Model 855d ?

#98 ·
#99 ·
#96 ·
While we're at it, if the helpful person with the lookup is still around, I've just been put in care of W006X4036742, think I've got him narrowed down to maybe a 98 or 99 from other numbers looked up here.

Also looking for a source for basic specs/info/what replacement parts/filters/fluids these guys want, spark plug gaps and the like. So far it seems the previous mechanics have done competent things, but I'm giving the fellow a good going over. :)

#97 ·
While we're at it, if the helpful person with the lookup is still around, I've just been put in care of W006X4036742, think I've got him narrowed down to maybe a 98 or 99 from other numbers looked up here.
Could you be missing a (letter) in your PIN
W006X4( )036742 ?

I suspect the missing letter is a ( X ) therefore you are correct it is a 1999.

Also looking for a source for basic specs/info/what replacement parts/filters/fluids these guys want, spark plug gaps and the like. So far it seems the previous mechanics have done competent things, but I'm giving the fellow a good going over. :)

Replied on your other post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#102 ·
How about W00TURF001851

I'm looking for a repair manual and parts list, please let me know if you know where I can find them.

Thanks a ton in advance!
Appears to be 1997 model year, you can find parts at Green Farm Parts online :
Find Your John Deere Parts Fast

Manual part numbers can be found below- Once the part number is determined you can look at eBay or online dealers such as Green Farm Parts for lower cost manuals.
John Deere Ag - New Equipment: Technical Publications - Publications Search

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.