John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Looking for some suggestions . . . I have a Gator 825i XUV and it has the stock Terra Hawk AT front (25 x 9-12) and rear (25 x 11-12) tires.

I do very little off-road traveling, and more on property work. I'm thinking I might be better off with turf tires for local driving on smooth dirt roads and pavement.

Any suggestions on what I might look at as a suitable replacement turf tire for my Gator?

FredSG

·
Registered
240 Posts
I highly recommend getting a set of 15 inch rims and putting highway radials on them. Quieter ride, better mileage, better climbing. Just search the forum for "street tires" and my post will tell you all about them. BTW, true turf tires are low pressure, soft rubber, AND wear out quickly on gravel and paved roads.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Recommended wheels and tires

Hi CaptSeabee,

Whew, finally found the thread you started on "Street Tires . . . ." Too bad it can't be moved to the Tire & Wheel Forum

So, your wheel and tire recommendations WILL FIT on my 2011 Gator 825i? Would I have to do any mods on my Gator? Is any lift needed, because you mention a 2" lift in the 2nd sentence of that post?

Thanks for your initial thread and for replying to my "HELP" post, too!

FredSG

·
Registered
240 Posts
No lift required. Just stick with the 27 to 27 1/2 inch overall diameter. I prefer the 7" wide rims so I can go with the 225-70-15s. If you choose to do a lift, then you can likely go up to 29 inch tires. Your speedometer will be off as the display only runs up to 27 inch tire size. Make sure you measure the existing wheel lug spacing and hub hole to confirm. The 825 and 855 were the large UTV offerings with the only difference being the power plant. Use a standard air pressure of 30-32 psi. Don't go soft as the tires are not made to run lower pressure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts