John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. Hopefully someone can help. I have a pre 2013 XUV 855D. I would like to fit the new digital instrument cluster/screen like the 825i and 2013 855D have. I have found the part code for the screen etc. Can someone tell me if it's possible/how it would get the speed for the readout? Where and how would I mount the sensor? This can't be that hard?! Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would you mind sharing the results of your research. I would be interested in also upgrading to the info center for my 2012 855D. Thanks
When I find anything out I will let you know. I have contacted John Deere.
This is what I have found so far.
go here
John Deere - Parts Catalog
click the + next to the 9959 xuv
click the + next to alphabetical search
Click the + next to I
Instrument Cluster
There are all the parts associated with it (The image on the right and the list below). I cannot see any speed sensor on the wheel. I contacted Circletractors.com. They told me to get a relay module, still awaiting a reply.

The 2013 Gator doesn't have the 2012 lights on the dashboard behind the hweel too, so we would have 2 sets of them....but this isn't a problem. The 2012 Gator has speed sensitive power steering (well mine does!) Therefore the Gators onboard computer must know the speed it is reaching. I am not spending another 22k $ on a new machine. My old Gator even had an analogue speedo. There must be a way. I have found several posts already on google asking if it will fit. Anyone with any info no matter how dumb it might be, please let us know.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I also have the power steering option on mine. I noticed the dash light receptacles still exist on the new model, probably just covered. They would not redesign the dash for a model year change. So I am hopeful we can figure out the subtle differences and be able to upgrade. I would suggest to anyone from Deere who follows this forum you consider offering an upgrade solution for the instrument cluster. I will check with some of my friends in Moline and see if I can also ferret out any additional details. Thanks

·
Registered
904 Posts
I have no idea about the swap, but I am watching this, cause this is going to be cool if you can get it switched over and functioning correctly.

I have seen this done on 2012 to 2013 Can Am Outlander instrument clusters just a simple plug and play and a reflash of the ECM, I have no idea about the gators.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I also have the power steering option on mine. I noticed the dash light receptacles still exist on the new model, probably just covered. They would not redesign the dash for a model year change. So I am hopeful we can figure out the subtle differences and be able to upgrade. I would suggest to anyone from Deere who follows this forum you consider offering an upgrade solution for the instrument cluster. I will check with some of my friends in Moline and see if I can also ferret out any additional details. Thanks
This might be a useless bit of info...but...3 days ago when I first looked on the online parts section, next to instrument cluster item it had (06011-) or something similar - pretty sure that was some sort of chassis number/product number onwards....it has now vanished yet the instrument cluster is still there. It must compatible, the hole is there in the dash, the 825i has had the option for ages....I am still awaiting a response from my dealer and JD Parts.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
to get the instrument cluster you need
AM140311 which is on 060001- serial numbers onwards. pre -060000 serial numbers have AM141057
John Deere Instrument Panel AM141057
John Deere Instrument Panel AM140311

see no real difference....let alone why the new dash is half the price of the old one....
Even though my gator is only a couple of weeks old, I have a pre 060000 number...
Need to establish differences between the panels....they look identical....asked if they have any other suggestions on how I can make it work!! Switching the panel would be a pain...

(if you want the parts diagram they sent me showing the newer panel, will email it to you? but it's identical in appearance from the front, can't see what is behind.....but at that price, it can only be plastic!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts