John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at rerouting my vent lines tomorrow before making my first big ride Saturday. Anyone know the size of line needed and approximately how much I will need?

Also any additional tips or comments would be nice!

·
Registered
288 Posts
i got 2 four foot pieces quarter inch tubing and dont for get hose connecters and i ran mine up driver side roll bar and out the top back cross bar.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks varmint sniper. I didn't get it done tonight since I didn't have time to tear it apart after not getting any responses.

I don't plan on getting in any water tomorrow but just for safe keeping, how deep is too deep for the stock vent lines? Not much deeper than floorboard deep I'm assuming?

·
Registered
140 Posts
No. Half way deep on the rim is max for factory fuel vent. The rest are 6 inches below the air intake.

Water will come in trans breather and fill tube, rear breather and fuel tank. Deere says to put silicon around dip stick for trans. Id definately move the fuel tank vent specifically before any water.

Changing all the fluids ain't so bad but removing fuel tank to clean sucks.

The only vent that's decent is the front one. I was pissed when I seen the fuel one. Of course mine was trying to run on water when I found out.

O well mines good now and I got to personally know my RSX lol.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Gas tank vent line is a joke, definitely needs to be rerouted.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where is it? I looked last night with no luck

·
Registered
140 Posts
Its easyest to see with the panel the gas fill tube comes out removed. Then you can see them all. You can see it if you lay below the fill spout in gas tank. It'll be a little twards the rear and about 6 inches from the drivers edge of skid plate. I think it lines up with one of the holes so look through the holes in skid plate. The end of my hose was split. Like the factory cut it to be flexible. I'd imagine yours is same

·
Registered
11 Posts
If anyone can post pics whenever they start us this project that would be great. I have been wanting to run my vent lines but haven't had the time and wasn't sure how many there would be. This will be my first effort at it.

·
Registered
43 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
http:// [URL=http://s1288.photobucket.com/user/racerrick76/media/Mobile%h/IMG_20140708_171000_419_zpsgulff4ka.jpg.html][/URL]

My had 2 vent lines coming out of the gas tank tee into one and going about 6" up inside roll bar then coming back down and over the tank loop around and then down to the skid plate.I took it and ran the whole line with the trans and diff line up inside the cage.
What are those long lines hanging there i know i got the ones that t-d up together re routed and the fuel line so am i missing one more

·
Registered
43 Posts
the long lines are the gas tank vent lines,there are 2 that go into 1 ,they were push up inside the roll cage along with the trans and diff vent line.

·
Registered
140 Posts
http:// [URL=http://s1288.photobucket.com/user/racerrick76/media/Mobile%h/IMG_20140708_171000_419_zpsgulff4ka.jpg.html][/URL]

My had 2 vent lines coming out of the gas tank tee into one and going about 6" up inside roll bar then coming back down and over the tank loop around and then down to the skid plate.I took it and ran the whole line with the trans and diff line up inside the cage.
What are those long lines hanging there i know i got the ones that t-d up together re routed and the fuel line so am i missing one more

I am also confused by that big cluster of lines that are clamped under your seat belt. I had the fuel tank out of my RSX and there is only 2 lines hooked to it. One brings fuel to the throttle body. The other comes off of the fuel level sensor and Its the breather. It appears to me that the line that is running down your frame in the picture towards the ground with the plastic clippy thing holding it into the c of the frame. Is the vent line for tank. The one that is vertical and you can see with your head closer to the rear wheel. I think I remember taking it out from there.

That one and the one that's teed together with the u shaped hose are the only 2 I had when it was apart. Only vented those

·
Registered
43 Posts
I don't know why but my had 2 vent lines coming off the gas tank.one was out of the fuel pump and the other wasbout of the sending unit for the gas gage I think. They both run into that brass fitting and comes out as one. It was all up in roll cage and I pulled it out for the picture.

·
Registered
140 Posts
See (attached a photo I think). The one with hose clamps is the one that is teed together. The other one is from the tank. I put new on the hole way. See how there isn't one running down the frame to the skid plate any more. That's why I'm confused with your picture.

(Sorry about my terrible lighting. And no I didn't just take it apart that's the stage I'm at. Lol. Sorry if I'm coming off wrong I just know the way I was explaining was the way all 12 and 13 come from factory and this is how I fixed the flaw)

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
I don't know why but my had 2 vent lines coming off the gas tank.one was out of the fuel pump and the other wasbout of the sending unit for the gas gage I think. They both run into that brass fitting and comes out as one. It was all up in roll cage and I pulled it out for the picture.
That's interesting. Where does the one I described running down the frame to skid plate hight lead to then? I wonder if yours got some kind of pip. The for that go through my store including mine are like mine. They are all 12 and early 13 so that might make a difference to I spoke.

·
Registered
43 Posts
If you look where the 2 lines run into the brass fitting they come out of that as one .then that runs back over the tank and makes a big loop and then runs down behide tank and to the skid plate.I got the RSX in April. They had to order it.but I don't think water could have ever got in my so maybe they did change something.

·
Registered
140 Posts
They must of redesigned it. Mine goes straight to the skid plate. driving in shallow water for 10 min created a vacuum in the tank and tada gator no run good on water.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts