John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am actually a salesman at a John Deere dealership in FL. This issue seems to be very specific to the diesel models 855M/D and 855M/D S4. I even see this with brand new Gators that roll off the semi from the factory.

They have an obvious rumble/vibration/grind (sounds like ruber grinding on ruber or plastic) when accelerating in gear. It seem to go away once you are up to speed, UNLESS you have substantial weight in the cargo box it is non stop. It DOES NOT make the vibration when the machine is jacked up in the air. It DOES NOT make the vibration when in Neutral and revinng the accelerator. It DOES make the vibration when power braking. My hunch is the cluth or clutch housing, however some of these are brand new and/or show no other sign of a bad clutch i.e, hard to shift in or out of gear, creeps forward or reverse in gear without hitting the accelerator. My only other thought is that it could be the motor mounts or some other part of the transmission. Has anyone experienced this problem? My techs are a bit baffled as well.

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Did you disconnect the mfd shaft and see if noise still there. Also making sure park brake assemble not binding in disc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts