John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a 850 and stopped by the dealer awhile back with the gift card deere mailed and a check to purchase extended warranty. Got a call back that deere does not offer extended warranty on RSX's sold to a farm / no sales tax and they are returning my check. If I had paid sales tax no problem with getting extended warranty?????? Anyone else run into this

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well after talking to corp. deere customer service this morning the gator is getting washed and will be sitting on the highway with a for sale sign by the end of the day. I just called my dealer and canceled my order for the new 4720 to replace my 4410. We run over 3 mil worth of customer ag inputs through JD finance a year, I will have a hard time recommending JDF in the future. It's a sad day when company's forget who and what a customer is, needless to say I'm real disappointed in John Deere having been a loyal deere customer for all my life but some times you have to walk away.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I don't want this to sound wrong, but it probably will.

You spend 3 million with JDF. Thats not pocket change.

Bought an RSX with out paying sales tax. (its not a farm tool, yes I am a farmer, and it is not a farm tool, an 825 is a farm tool)

And you are worried about an extended warrenty? I would think that you are in good enough graces with your local dealer that you would not have to worry about issues with a toy.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I know that my farm insurance will not cover our RSX850.

It is considered a recreational vechile and horsepower is to high.

Farm employees are not even supposed to use it, but......

·
Registered
49 Posts
Anyone else heard anything more on this because I ordered a rsx and am tax exempt right when they are offering the 2 year warranty for free. I have never heard of this.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Our cp sales man ran into this with an RSX recently. The guy thats buying has decided that if tax exempt cancels the warranty, the sales tax would be worth it for the 2 year warrenty. So When he figures it out l will post it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
It says right in the JDES brochure the first bullet under what's not covered:
Any product used in a commercial setting or rental basis.

So if you want the extended warranty Deere makes you pay tax.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I farm and just went through a sales tax audit, pretty sure 850i would not qualify , especially the camo ones. I bought this one on my own and for personal use and paid tax and when the dealer put in the code# for ext. warranty back in 5/2013 it said it was to be taxed anyway In Ill. If your a grain farmer only you might want to check the tax laws, there are a lot of items taxed that would shock you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I purchased mine under my company, no extended warranty was available. Personal use only. Mine will also be up for sale shortly, or returned to the dealer to sit and rot.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I purchased mine under my company, no extended warranty was available. Personal use only. Mine will also be up for sale shortly, or returned to the dealer to sit and rot.
why r u returning it? i want one for mainly rec use and mainly trial and muddin do u think they will hold up??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts