John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a first time forum participant.
I need help to snorkel the clutch on the new 825i.
On our demo rides we have always gotten water into the clutch.
I ride with all kinds of other machines that do not have this problem.
Can I reduce the 4" clutch intake pipe without causing heating problems?
I have pondered this for awhile, and now I have my own personal unit. I need quick action. I have gone through a river at about 15" and caught a little wave and there I sit until I blow the water out of the clutch - in neutral.:confused:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am a first time forum participant.
I need help to snorkel the clutch on the new 825i.
On our demo rides we have always gotten water into the clutch.
I ride with all kinds of other machines that do not have this problem.
Can I reduce the 4" clutch intake pipe without causing heating problems?
I have pondered this for awhile, and now I have my own personal unit. I need quick action. I have gone through a river at about 15" and caught a little wave and there I sit until I blow the water out of the clutch - in neutral.:confused:
Im wondering the same bud...happened to me yesterday.. Caught a wave and I wasn't moving. Threw it in neutral and dried the belt out. Im also surprised there is no drain plug!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes. Unbelievable that they would not put a plug in the bottom for a drain.
All of the tests they did and they could not figure that out. Guess they should run with people that have had some experience out in the bush.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I agree!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wading across the water

Some times the quoted 22" to clutch and air is not enough. Have 855D and sure do not want to aspirate water into engine. If anyone has any ideas or links to after market supplier that would be great. Have a few ideas but not sure if air flow loss could be a issue

·
Registered
1 Posts
Guys I work for a Deere Dealer and I'm sorry to inform you, But you DON'T want to snorkel the clutch system. The Alternator IS NOT sealed or the starter either. If you raise the intakes up you WILL ruin alternators, starters and more. Just my Experience.

·
Registered
72 Posts
855d

I cross a pond that is 2" over the floorboards. i already relocated the air filter .
i didn't know about the starter but noticed the alt and exposed belt to it. Thanks.
You would think they would have changed it in the 2013. jim

·
Registered
2 Posts
Was idling for a few minutes,front half in water,not engine. Engine died and wont start. Has spark, jumped brake safety, still wont start. Any ideas? Getting frustrated with this thing,front differential blew with under 200 km ,water keeps getting into engine some how. Have not even been in deep water yet. My rhino was way better, this thing craps if u even look at water,not good living on westcoast. Dealer put a whole new front differential in, then didn't put breather hose on and got water in. My fault for not checking workmanship i guess. Have 850rsxi

·
Registered
72 Posts
The warrenty may not be much good for water damage on the newer ones. my 2013 manual say anything over 6" is deep water .It says nothing about how deep you can go. they still have no drain plug on the belt housing and it leaks. Maybe it has a drain hole?? I haven't checked for that yet.
I think I would have been better off with a polaris or stayed with my rhino.
jim

·
Registered
2 Posts
The warrenty may not be much good for water damage on the newer ones. my 2013 manual say anything over 6" is deep water .It says nothing about how deep you can go. they still have no drain plug on the belt housing and it leaks. Maybe it has a drain hole?? I haven't checked for that yet.
I think I would have been better off with a polaris or stayed with my rhino.
jim
Geeesh, our mud puddles are deeper than that. Guess thats why all the tests seemed to be done in the deserts... John Deere people are awesome so far, equipment not so shit hot! Keeps getting moisture in engine with the shitty air intake system, hit a puddle and sucks steam right in from between seats... Would have got another rhino but so slow, but walking home out of bush is slower!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts