John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Welcome to GatorForums.net - This site was born back in November, 2010 with the announcement of the John Deere XUV/SXS/UTV. The forum was created for John Deere Gator Owners and enthusiasts to learn, discuss, and share knowledge of the new XUV/UTV/SXS. There are many areas of discussions ranging from Gator Maintenance tips, Gator Repair help, Gator Roll Cages and John Deere Gator Safety, Gator Modifications, Gator SXS Racing, Gator Accessories, Gator Parts, Events and much more! If your new to the site please take a moment and register to enjoy all of the features of the site, it's free!

Also, be sure to checkout these areas of the site.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Help

I am new member, 88 years old, not familiar with threads, posts, etc. I would like to find a repair manual for 625i for download. Saw couple ads that noted sources but not allowed to respond. Asked me to sign in again.
Thanks,
jwx

PS. Also don't understand trackbacks.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1 Posts
loss of mph

I am new to this thread. I have a question about a 2012 Gator 825i. I had to change the drive belt and now it only goes 40 mph before hitting the rev limiter, as opposed to the 44 mph when I got it. It also hit the rev limiter quick now when i step on the throttle, then backs off and hits the rev limiter at 40. What could be causing the change?

·
Registered
58 Posts
New Canadian Member

I just joined. Haven't bought a Gator yet, but will be either ordering a new 2013 or taking the floor model in the local dealership later this summer. Gonna get a RSX Sport.

Any thoughts on waiting til the 2014's are available? Any indications of upgrades or improvements?

Looking forward to leaving my Suzuki LTZ400 and grabbing an actual steering wheel!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I also am having a problem with my new 550 sticking in reverse . I broke the lever
I pushed hard .It only has 3 hr on it.
This appears to be a common problem with the 550 S4. See major problems for the gator 550 S4 on this site.
The sticking problem is not limited to reverse. I got mine back from the dealer on 07/16/2013 after being advised by dealer that everything was set per John Deere's specs. If now requires me to move forward for a feet or turn the ignition off for it to disengage.

·
Registered
2 Posts
825i brake issue

I bought a new 2014 825iS4 Gator. Love it but the brakes seem slow.
By that I mean, the pedal goes to the floor before stopping more than I am used to.
Is this normal?

·
Registered
2 Posts
825iS4 brake issue

Pedal does not go all the way to the floor but stops the vehicle. Just thinking it goes to far to the floor to before stopping the vehicle.

·
Registered
483 Posts
The brakes need to be broken in but always seem to need a little more force than I think it should.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok so I am new to this forum too. I have a stupid question about the 550 Gator I bought a year ago. I want to change my own oil. I bought a oil filter tool to remove the oil filter but (I really hate to ask this) where is the oil drain plug. I looked in the manual but the pic is not real clear. I really don't want to start removing drail plugs that aren't the oil one. Is the plug next to the oil filter??

·
Registered
117 Posts
new member, 3rd attempt to make a post. Just trying to see if I get yet another "has to be approved by a moderator" message.

·
Registered
260 Posts
To Gator or not to Gator

Hello, I am new to the forum. I work for a Deere Construction dealership so I know Deere is a world class leader with their product.

However, the gator line is not within our fleet and we dont get much exposure to them.

I know that reviews are kinda one sided with people only reviewing items when they have a problem. That being said, i have read that there are a lot of problems with the RSX850i series. Some electrical, some vacuume, etc.

I am very intersted in buying one but dont want to have it in the shop more than on the trails.

Anyone with actual world experience on these? Good? Bad? Have you had problems?

Thank you.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hello, I am new to the forum. I work for a Deere Construction dealership so I know Deere is a world class leader with their product.

However, the gator line is not within our fleet and we dont get much exposure to them.

I know that reviews are kinda one sided with people only reviewing items when they have a problem. That being said, i have read that there are a lot of problems with the RSX850i series. Some electrical, some vacuume, etc.

I am very intersted in buying one but dont want to have it in the shop more than on the trails.

Anyone with actual world experience on these? Good? Bad? Have you had problems?

Thank you.
welcome and sorry, I've no experiences w/ the rsx850 - I think, the rsx has no permitting here in D. But my 550 is very reliable.

btw, I drove AUDI for years as business car. one of them was 8 month of it's 3 year leasing time in the garage...

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
matthew i have a sport and love it!! it has plenty of power and low end torque. the only thing i would really love to change on mine is power steering which Deere is suppose to be offering soon from what i have heard. u can get a power steering option from super atv which is wat i am planning on doing. but the 4wd is by far the best in the industry. we mainly ride mud and trails here and have put mine to work a many of times and i have to say it always impresses me every time we throw something at it it always does better than we think. i will say the GC was not enough for me but if u get the super atv 2 in lift kit and remove the front sway bar it makes it a whole nother animal compared to stock.

·
Registered
2 Posts
gator 4x2 wiring

I have been given a 1998 4x2. The ignition switch and the connector terminal were cut and are gone. Wires are still there. Can anyone provide a wiring diagram, picture, or tell me what wires I need to connect where on the new connector I have bought.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts