John Deere Gator Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hauling a 6x4

Greetings all,
I was thinking about hauling my 6x4 upstate NY this weekend and I was wondering if anyone can share their thoughts?
I have a 98 Ford F 250 with an 8' bed.
Can I load and carry the Gator using the pickup?
Thanks in advance.
NJ Rokon

·
Registered
715 Posts
Your truck will carry the weight but check the width of your truck bed. By the Deere website the 6x4 is 60" wide. You've probably got about 50" between the wheel wells and probably a bit over 60" tailgate opening. I'd measure carefully before even getting the ramps out. Even if it fits you'll have to climb it over the wheel wells. I'd put it on a trailer if you've got one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
825i fuel pump failure on new gator

Have a brand new 825i purchased 10 days ago, fuel pump failed at 4 hours. It
Was returned yesterday, took for a ride today for 20 minutes and doing same thing again. Looks like fuel pump again. Has anyone experienced similar issues in the 825i ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
The Project...Gator

Hello from the garage.... Before I start some of the Gator network may think i'm crazy the way i have done things ...? Hey thats ok ...
So.... the old Gator got traded in for a 2015 RSX Sport.... it came to the farm this summer ... We all know when it comes to accessories the Gator is short in that dept.. I tend to think outside the box with a lot of things...
My first task was designing a overhead console... I wanted to use molle fabric.
I e-mailed a ton of Co. No response... So off to the Army surplus an found a gun scabbard cut it open, layed it out flat cut the hem slid out the foam plastic an replaced it with a piece of 1/4" plywood..
[/URL][/IMG][/IMG]

I then made a metal frame an attached to the roll cage using JD clamps
( the ones used to hold the poly roof eat. )
[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]
I then added a warn winch driving lights an wired a spray rig for weed killer
Again I climbed outside of the box with a choice of aircraft style switches to run those three items
[/URL][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]
I went with clamps for the lights from the m/c industry..
When it came to wiring everything up ..... I chose to build my own wiring harness
using a ignition switch. An yes its fused..
[/URL][/IMG][/IMG]I mounted the winch control on the crab handle .

·
Registered
46 Posts
Gypsy - some cool mods. Looking forward to seeing photos, particularly of what you did with the overhead console.

I just purchased an 825i and have been debating a radio or speakers via bluetooth and thinking overhead might be the best location.

·
Registered
3 Posts
gator ts/tx

Hi I just picked up a Gator ts/tx with a curtis soft sided cab lots of hours. Looking forward to fixing up. Where would I find serial/model numbers only one i find is engine serial number

·
Super Moderator
2,659 Posts
21 - 34 of 34 Posts