John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I kind of have a new supposed to be 2014 but is a 2013 camo trail with the poly roof. I will pay or paid (depending on if I keep it) 13,345 with the 2 yr warranty. Just curious what everybody else paid to see if its worth keeping it. Not out to see if one guy got a better deal than another, just trying to justify keeping a new year old model.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Bought mine march of last year... sport model for 13500 otd

·
Registered
114 Posts
Mine was a demo model. Had about 40 miles on it. JD took about $2k off of the sticker price.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Camo Sport bought in Sept13 with no accessories w/$500 rebate for $13,600

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mine is 12 sport model. Has 8 miles on it. Demo model from dealer. Paid 12 otd with 2 year warranty. Thought it was a 13 as well. Apparently it was built in Sept of 2012...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am getting quoted 14,000 out the door for one. I don't know if that a good deal or not. Doesnt sound like it compared to some of the other ones. Not sure if its a 13 or 14 though. Guess I will find out Monday

·
Registered
140 Posts
If you want a 14 your only choice is to wait till may and buy a sport model. Base models won't ship ones built in 13 until may and the have yet to announce when 14 trail models ship.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I got a price today 2013 trail camo $13150.00 it has 16 miles on it . Think it was built in 2012 if that 10th digit thing is right.I looked on tractor house and all the 2013 were built in 2012 if that 10 th digit is right.is that price OK.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I got my gator at dealer cost so your price seems pretty good,

·
Registered
43 Posts
i,am confused with this date thing,dealer saids he received them last year 2013 but according to the vin # they were built in 2012 ,even they said deere wouldnt send them 2012 machine (guess they dont realizes it),did they have any changes between the two years , i dont think you could get a 2014 built one intill 2015.i read the other post about the dates . iam afraid like the other guy if i order one who knows what built date the machine would be. really disappointed.

·
Registered
709 Posts
No for some reason John Deere does not follow the normal Model Year Guidelines! I am not sure why. We deal with the same things with mowers and compact tractors. Things that are not Built to Order, sitting in the warehouse, will not be changed from one year to another. That's the biggest issue.

·
Registered
709 Posts
And according to what i see, that serial number you gave me has an invoice date (when it was shipped to the dealer) of August 27th, 2012. I am thinking that your dealer isnt quite sure WHEN he got it!

·
Registered
140 Posts
We contacted Deere on this because a 12 in 14 is stupid. They said all RSX as of now until may when they start sending 14 sports are "13s" they built a bunch in 12 and warranty shows 12 but they swear up and down the ones built in 12 and 13 are technically 13's.

So if this will affect trade in value I have no idea...

·
Registered
43 Posts
They are going to change the way they handle the year/serial numbers in the future according to the dealer where I purchased mine. He said they have had a lot of concerns about the years and are supposedly going to assign the engine/frame a part number instead of a serial number until the build date. They still plan to build a bunch and store in a warehouse but will not show a year until ordered. Not sure if this is true...?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts