John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought this engine thinking it was for a 620i gator that my dad owns. I was going to give it to him and was not able to look at his gator before the auction ended as he is a long way from me. Is this for a 620? I know should have looked better but it was reasonable and I know people with other gators so could help them out. Stub shaft is for a gator. Fd620d-ps24-r. I tried looking that number up and it did not come up.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just bought this engine thinking it was for a 620i gator that my dad owns. I was going to give it to him and was not able to look at his gator before the auction ended as he is a long way from me. Is this for a 620? I know should have looked better but it was reasonable and I know people with other gators so could help them out. Stub shaft is for a gator. Fd620d-ps24-r. I tried looking that number up and it did not come up.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks.
Well crap. I think I figured it out. Looks like an mia12906 for an hpx. It is new and has never been run but won’t fit the 620i unless I can change intake? I have an hpx but is diesel.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well crap. I think I figured it out. Looks like an mia12906 for an hpx. It is new and has never been run but won’t fit the 620i unless I can change intake? I have an hpx but is diesel.
Any chance the long block would be the same or be usable in the 620i? Maybe switch over intake and disconnect the governor?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Anything is possible. It depends on the tools & skills you have available and whether or not you want to take on the project. If you are looking for a relatively easy project I'd say sell that engine and get exactly what is needed.

Years ago I converted my Gator to a different engine. Both engines are very similar but I knew there would be gotcha's however I wasn't prepared for how many. What I thought would be a fun one or maybe two day job turned out to take four long, hard days with a lot of fabrication of custom parts to make it work. Even though things may look similar or even identical from one engine to another the slightest difference usually means a lot more work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anything is possible. It depends on the tools & skills you have available and whether or not you want to take on the project. If you are looking for a relatively easy project I'd say sell that engine and get exactly what is needed.

Years ago I converted my Gator to a different engine. Both engines are very similar but I knew there would be gotcha's however I wasn't prepared for how many. What I thought would be a fun one or maybe two day job turned out to take four long, hard days with a lot of fabrication of custom parts to make it work. Even though things may look similar or even identical from one engine to another the slightest difference usually means a lot more work.
Might be more of a pain than it is worth. Thanks for your response.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts