John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm looking at mounting a bench seat in the bed of my 2014 XUV 825i. I've seen a couple posts where folks have done this and added the roll bar as well. My question is, does everyone just drill through the bed for their mounting points, or is there a way to use the metal tie-down points for this? The seat is for hauling the kids around and won't be used frequently, so I need an easy way to install and remove. Appreciate any suggestions!

·
Super Moderator
3,428 Posts
Hi all, I'm looking at mounting a bench seat in the bed of my 2014 XUV 825i. I've seen a couple posts where folks have done this and added the roll bar as well. My question is, does everyone just drill through the bed for their mounting points, or is there a way to use the metal tie-down points for this? The seat is for hauling the kids around and won't be used frequently, so I need an easy way to install and remove. Appreciate any suggestions!

Hello!!
I would recommend drilling through the bed for mounting a seat.
Good luck

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that's kind of what I was thinking. I have the round metal tubing protectors (not sure what they're called) that run along the bed and tie into the rear bumper. Any thoughts on whether that would be suitable place to bolt on a removable rear roll bar?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Round tubing protectors= brush guards. I would not recommend mounting anything to them. They are made of thin steel and although they are mounted to the frame, each piece is held together by "jam" bolt. They are not at all meant to support loads or to be torqued (twisted) on. My opinion is that the roll bar will cause vibration and eventually crack the brush guards at the point of attachment. Welded or bolted. Just the thoughts/ opinion/ suggestion of someone in the metal fabrication business for many years.

Good luck with the project. Hope it goes as planned and post pics. Many pics....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts