John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will have to take a pic of the 13 place number on the back, Ive seen a general list of these numbers and it lists they were only made in 01 and 02. Liquid cooled v twin (says made in Japan). Powered lift.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,240 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You are the second person that said 98, everthing looks original but to my research these were only made in 01 and 02

·
Registered
36 Posts
You are the second person that said 98, everthing looks original but to my research these were only made in 01 and 02
It shows you are correct in the trail gators being made in 01 & 02. But, your serial number is not consistent with those numbers, it does however line up with a ‘98 6X4. The link to the serial number decoder is in my previous post. Not sure what you have going on there. Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
What makes you think you have a trail gator versus a 6x4 as the SN indicates? If the SN sticker doesn’t match the gator model it sounds like foul play took place along the line.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I dont think there is any foul play unless someome slapped this jd pin on mine, it would take more than just putting on different decals to make this look like a trail gator. I've seen another for sale listed as a 98.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Try looking under the passenger side seat.. On my 01 the pin is engraved in the frame.. check if it matches..

·
Registered
426 Posts
Its not ucommon for manufacturers to throw test mules into the general market.
I know mustang used to do this alot.

And to be fair a trail gator is nothing more than a turf gator with a different paint job

·
Registered
1 Posts
I will have to take a pic of the 13 place number on the back, Ive seen a general list of these numbers and it lists they were only made in 01 and 02. Liquid cooled v twin (says made in Japan). Powered lift.
I know it's an older thread, but I have a similar Gator that the SN shows as a 99 regular 6x4 & the stamped SN under the seat matches and it's clearly the Trail look. Zero signs it was ever anything but like this from new.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts