John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
This was a grounds maintenance machine for a local community college. Has a TON of hours @ 3,600+. Engine has a wristpin/valve ? rattle, but Overall condition is great.

The tool is simple enough once one has an idea of how it works.:D

·
Registered
904 Posts
I like warn and viper winches. A 3000lb or 3500lb should be enough. Try places like rocky mountain atv, thestvsuperstore.com, and atvoutfitters.net on the net, they have some of the best prices.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I installed the Pro-Mark in my 825i and absolutely love it. I was able to test ot last week. Dididnt want to start the gator the other morning just to load it. Used the winch and pulled the gator with the bed loaded with a 40 gallon sprayer full flawlessly.. Winch is very well built in my opinion. I wanted a warn but could nt justify twice the price for what looked like the same winch. The promark has a lifetime motor warranty as well..

·
Registered
904 Posts
Nice looking gator. I bet the install was easier than the RSX. I am dreading installing mine. I have a Warn XT35 from an old 4 wheeler that I want to install.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wasnt bad at all, a normal person would have probably been done in a few hours. It took me all day on a saturday afetr checking and triple checking wire routing and adding protective sleevs on the wiring to prevent rubbing and the tie wrapping and securing the wiring until i was content. According to my wife im a little OCD but in my opinion im just detail orientated..

Then I did the install of the remote outlet and swithc the next day.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Nice, I am like that to, I check to much and then I tell the woman it is only a few hour job and because I check a buzzilion times I make it take triple what I say.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I installed a Badlands 2000lb winch. It fits right on the plate of my 550 S4 just had drill out the holes to 1/2. It might be a bit light but the 550 S4 weighs 1440lbs so figured what the heck. There were some pretty impressive videos of this winch on You Tube you might want to check out. The price is 54.99 on Harbor Freight's web site. If you want to install the fairlead you need to buy the mounting plate $3.99 from Harbor Freight. I ordered one so I can mount the Fairlead. I will warn you it is NOT FAST.

07/24/2013 I got the mounting plate from Harbor Freight fits perfect just had to drill out 2 holes to 1/2" to except the stainless bolts I bought. I had to extend the wiring also to reach the battery. I mounted the switch inside the glove box with velcro. It looks good but not to sure what will happen when I need it. I mean my daughter bought it for me so what can I lose :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
I got a superwinch terra 35 from cabelas for around 300 dollars on sale a few months ago but I think they are 369.99 now. I got it for my xuv 550 s4 but I haven't tried putting it on yet.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I installed mine in the glox box

1 - 12 of 12 Posts