John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of installing a KFI winch on my new 835m. I am mostly done but cannot seem to figure out one element of the wiring diagram. It indicates that the switch and controller tap into the "ignition wire" which I cannot seem to find. Everything else has been straightforward and obvious
Thank you in advance for any guidance.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
On older models yellow wires were power with key on. Simple meter or test light will confirm power with key on only.

·
Registered
2015 John Deere XUV550 (olive/black)
25 Posts
I simply tapped into the headlight wire on my XUV550 right behind the passenger side headlight, not far from where I mounted the winch control box. The ignition wire to the winch powers a relay, ought to fairly low current draw. You want it "switched" so that the winch can't be accidentally powered up when the machine is turned off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I simply tapped into the headlight wire on my XUV550 right behind the passenger side headlight, not far from where I mounted the winch control box. The ignition wire to the winch powers a relay, ought to fairly low current draw. You want it "switched" so that the winch can't be accidentally powered up when the machine is turned off.
Thank you this. I will try it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts