John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just about ready to order mine just had a couple questions.
1. Is the superatv winch mount plate the same as Deere's or is there a significant difference?

2. I seen on superatv that the biggest winch that will fit in the machine is a 3500. Will they physically not fit or will it just not bolt up?

3. Does anybody know the size winch Deere sells? Or cp guy swears its a 3500 but the book says 3000.

Just wanted to know because I had my eye on a a KFI stealth synthetic 4500. But if that won't work then I'll just get Deere mount and winch as long as its a 3500.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My JD owners manual says 3000 lb single line pull, all that I can see on the winch itself is the red knob on the end that says WARN but I cannot see any specs.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I originally had the same question but couldn't find an answer regarding whether or not a larger winch would fit the superatv winch mount so I just installed warn provantage 3500-s. I know the bolt pattern would be wrong bc the 3500 is 3.0"x4.87" and the 4500 is 3.0"x6.59". I can measure the mounting platform to see if it is wide enough to bolt up but still not sure it would clear the frame rails....The superatv winch mount appears to be the exact same from what I can tell.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I seen that KFI offers a mount for there 4500 and warns 4500 so I'm curious if the frame is wider, lower in the winch area because KFI mount doesn't have a receiver or loops under it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got 4500 lb winch stuffed in there. Definitely wouldn't have fit on top of the factory mount.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts