John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - can't find out for sure if I need the KFI winch mount. I know I need to have a front hitch installed (have that) but is that all that's needed to mount a winch? That front hitch has a "shelf" of sorts just above the receiver opening that seems like it would accept an aftermarket winch. The KFI adaptor plate mounts between that and the winch or anchors the front of the winch up to just underneath the bumper (where there are 2 holes underneath that bar)?? Or only needed if you didn't opt for the front receiver mount? Also, if I need that KFI adaptor it lists several winches but the one I ordered is a Warn Vantage which does not appear on the list. Who has done this beofre to a 550 and what extras did you need?

Thnks

·
Registered
904 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I dont know much about the 550 winch install. To my knowledge all you need is the front reciever and it has a winch plate on the top that you mount the winch to. I will try to find out for you, but I think that is right.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Picture

Got a picture of that bracket from KFI products. Good thing as I don;t think I need it as the front hitch serves the same purpose. There is a front angled bracket though that I did manage to find a JD dealership who knew what I was talking about.

Attachments

·
Registered
904 Posts
That just looks like a winch mount with no receiver. You gonna use the dealer receiver plate to install winch????

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have a winch installation manual I could take some pics of if it would be helpful. It's the factory Deere book.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Is it the one that is for the 550 and the RSX????

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
right, that's just a pick of the plate. I wasn't sure if I needed it as I did buy it with the front receiver. Looks like I didn;t need that but a different plate that extends from the front of the receiver up to underneath a bumper and since I found info scarce - thought it might help others to see a pic

·
Registered
904 Posts
Gotcha!!!!!!! Thanks RePrice!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
I installed a Badland 2000 winch. I had to drill out the holes on the front plate on my 550 to half to except the 1/2" stainless bolts I bought. Other than that the mounting plate and the winch fit prefect. I didn't need to install a front hitch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts