John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
I did the research and ended up with a Superwinch Terra 45. The specs and price were better than the Warn and had a good reputation from other posters on the forum.

I went with synthetic rope because of weight and repairability if it snaps.

I am getting ready to install it this weekend. I have everything in except the winch hook stopper.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Welcome to the forum stagger09!!!!

I have always been a Warn fan, but they are pricey. I would not mine trying the Viper or Superwinch. I know a few ppl that have the Superwinch and they have not complained yet.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have a Ramsey and really like it...if you get one get the wireless remote option

·
Registered
76 Posts
I just installed Runva with rope. I dont have long experience with it but i opened it and changed grease to better one. Quality of the work looked even better than expected.

·
Registered
51 Posts
just finished the installation of the Terra Super winch 3500. Love it! works great and hauls my XUV 55 right up the out of the ditch! Very quiet!

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'm not up on winches but I saw a demo of a 2000LB Badland Winch on YouTube I was impressed. I saw the reviews and only a couple of unsatified so I said for $79 what can I lose. I also bought the $3.79 plate to mount the Fairland both from Habor Freight Tools and I used my $50 Father's Day gift card.. I had to drill out the the holes to except the 1/2" Stainless bolts I bought. My 550 S4 is 12' long so I had to extend the wiring to reach the battery under the back seat. I'm a quadriplegic so my neighbor was kind enough to do the work. I then tried pulling out some Sago Palms I hooked onto the Palm and the little Winch drug my 1440LB Gator across my driveway with the emergancy break on and my wife pressing on the break peddle. Left some ugly black marks on my driveway. a 2000lb Warren is $295 and admit it's a great name in Winches but this winch gets the job done for $79 + $3.79 for the plate. It is slow but I checked speed on the Warren it was about the same. Anyway I'm happy with it. I didn't like the galv. cable that came with it so I bought 5800LB 3/16 Amsteel Blue Synthetic Rope from amazon 79.99 plus shipping and handling. Now with the Synthetic Rope my winch comes up to the specs of a 3000LB winch.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have made the mistake of buying a tractor supply winch and after the shft for the spool snapped, I refused to buy another one. I currently have a superwinch 3500 synthetic on my Brute Force and RSX. They have pulled several RZRs out of creeks and a RZR 4 out of a pond. I am very please with the performance. I have several friends running Viper winches and from what I hear the Viper or Superwinch are the way to go.

·
Registered
176 Posts
No problems with my Badland Winch either.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts