John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! So I recently bid on a 2010 TS Gator with almost 1200 hours on it and was the high bidder. I have the Gator home now and have picked up new transaxle fluid and oil change materials as well. I have some questions and I appreciate any wisdom that can be sent my way regarding this machine. It has the electro-hydraulic dump bed also.. On to the questions...

Drive belt is stretched I think..Slow to get moving and prettty sure I feel slip-age. I can almost pinch it to gether in the middle to about an inch apart from the other side., that said, It calls for M174026 per the dealer are there any Gates alternatives or other known good alternatives to the dealer 91 price tag? Amazon is 74$ for the Deere part# but I am not afraid of a gates equivalent etc..

The hour meter rattles around in the enclosure on the dash and will fall behind it too, anyone know these are supposed to be secured or can point me to technical diagram that show the fit?

Has anyone done the trans axle service? Is it just a drain a fill? I have the fluid..My assumption is that there is a drain plug somewhere..

Ignition key isn't a key it is just a switch..Since I leave it parked outside over night some time I purchased a keyed ignition switch for it.. I am a bit ham fisted and cannot see how the harness disconnects.. is there a tab for this to release or just take the screw out of the front of the switch and yank .. or ??

Any constructive advice is appreciated. I look forward to getting to know more folks from this community..

OH, Also, is it safe to pressure wash the engine and drive train bay under cargo box?

Pics are below!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
You might be able to find the operators manual and more importantly the Technical manual at JD's website after entering your model number. You'll also notice JD references SN and NOT the model year for these documents, parts orders or in the technical manual.

A number of folks have used aftermarket named brand CVT belts with good success. The belts technically don't stretch, but the sides wear making them seem effectively longer to the pulleys. Each model has a minimum belt width that must be uniform throughout its length. The dimension is in both the operating and technical manuals.

Another good place to get generic assembly information is JDParts The illustrated parts aren't the best but can allow some comprehension.

Good luck and post your solutions to your issues.

Reactions: Bradhill

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You might be able to find the operators manual and more importantly the Technical manual at JD's website after entering your model number. You'll also notice JD references SN and NOT the model year for these documents, parts orders or in the technical manual.
Yes, I was able to Ebay a copy of an unopened technical manual from John Deere for about 50 bucks..Looking forward to that arriving..

A number of folks have used aftermarket named brand CVT belts with good success. The belts technically don't stretch, but the sides wear making them seem effectively longer to the pulleys. Each model has a minimum belt width that must be uniform throughout its length. The dimension is in both the operating and technical manuals.
After calling parts houses and comparing belt specs not single one was the same dimension as listed for the JD part# i called the deal parts guy and he cut me small break.

Another good place to get generic assembly information is JDParts The illustrated parts aren't the best but can allow some comprehension.
I have been researching the online documents and have indeed found the the illustrations to useful..The technical manual from eBay should remedy the rest.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts