John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all probably use our Gators to work, I've had mine for less than two weeks and have hauled a bunch of wood. What I'm wondering is, what others do when they use their Gators for play. My wife and I have owned ATV's for several years and have taken trips to various trail systems and, plan to do the same with our Gator. Are there any members who have favorite trail areas they like to ride? We really enjoy northern Wisconsin and the U.P. of Michigan but are always looking for other areas to explore. Would enjoy hearing from others on this subject.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nice , I live in uper NY. But I was invited to the UP Michagin to go hunting this season. And just got my 825i two days ago. I am thinking that the gator may be going too. !!!!!! :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice , I live in uper NY. But I was invited to the UP Michagin to go hunting this season. And just got my 825i two days ago. I am thinking that the gator may be going too. !!!!!! :)

What area in the U.P. are you going to? If you aren't already aware, about 95% of all the county roads in the U.P. are open to UTV's. You can't operate on state highways or highway right of ways but the rest are all open. There is a bill in the state legislature right now to allow the use of right of ways to connect to trails and other county roads. There are also some abandonded rail road track right of ways that have been converted to ORV routes. There are many "old two tracks" in the U.P. that are great for exploring. These are old logging roads and even old county roads that don't get meuch use and are really a lot of fun. The Hiawatha National forest has some nice riding but you need a forest map to make sure your on "legal roads and trails". The Ottawa National Forest is a waste of time. None of their ORV trails connect so you have to haul your ride to a trail and ride a short distance and then haul to another trail. There are ORV routes that cross the Ottawa and some county roads that are open. If you don't mind spending about $90 for some outstanding GPS software, VVMapping.com has software that will keep you on legal roads and routes and is a great investment. Enjoy your trip!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Use mapquest to find Waucedah Michigan. It is about 7 miles east of Norway Michigan on US Highway 2. This is where Foster City road intersects with US 2 from the north. Follow Foster City road north about 11 miles north. Cazzola road to the east will be the last road you pass before turning west. It is a two track that has no name. It travels west about 200 yards before turning south for another 300 or so yards then travels west again about1 1 1/2 miles in and this is approximately where our camp will be. This is where my brother inlaw said to find them. Is this a good area for whitetails ? :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know about the deer hunting there but am familiar with the area. That's state forest land and it's a vast area so I would guess the hunting is pretty good. If your a grouse hunter, the U.P. is an awesome place to hunt. They run out in front of you on the trails.

·
Registered
89 Posts
MI I like to ride the Baldwin trails they have great trail systems, there groomed and root stumps are cut back, ton of different terrain . If you have friends with atv's or dirt bikes they can ride with u., the dirt bikes have there own trail that runs along side the four wheeler path. In Wi I also ride Black River falls there trails are nice but sometimes rocky,
You do go on the streets in some towns to get on the next trail that just doesn't seem right.
Boyhood have camp grounds if you want to make it a weekend trip.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MI I like to ride the Baldwin trails they have great trail systems, there groomed and root stumps are cut back, ton of different terrain . If you have friends with atv's or dirt bikes they can ride with u., the dirt bikes have there own trail that runs along side the four wheeler path. In Wi I also ride Black River falls there trails are nice but sometimes rocky,
You do go on the streets in some towns to get on the next trail that just doesn't seem right.
Boyhood have camp grounds if you want to make it a weekend trip.
We rode the Black River Falls trail a couple of years ago, very nice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts