John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Less than 40 hours on this machine and it has never run properly, first idle rough, won't run, dealer said 'tune up' needed to the tune of $200 (when it had 20 hours), That work took 2 weeks and made no difference, changed carburator on warranty, another month. Then starter failed, another 2 weeks to get a replacement and changed

Now it won't shift, I suspect another month out of service.

Never again !

·
Registered
48 Posts
Must've been built on a Friday!

Sucks to see that. At least its all under warranty! Even though it doesn't make you feel any better.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Definitely sounds like you got a lemon. Sorry to hear it.

·
Registered
165 Posts
and there it is, canpandave is frustrated with both his new toy with it's multiple problems and the lack of support from his local John Deere dealership to resolve the issues with one trip to the shop. with his one post, several hundred/thousand future customers may head to another manufacturer. canpandave, talk to the manager at the dealership and calmly discuss your frustrations/disappointments and expectations. If you don't feel your being taken seriously, contact John Deere directly. As mentioned before, you may be the one in a thousand to end up with a lemon, but to end up with a lemon dealership is a slap in the face.

·
Registered
159 Posts
and there it is, canpandave is frustrated with both his new toy with it's multiple problems and the lack of support from his local John Deere dealership to resolve the issues with one trip to the shop. with his one post, several hundred/thousand future customers may head to another manufacturer. canpandave, talk to the manager at the dealership and calmly discuss your frustrations/disappointments and expectations. If you don't feel your being taken seriously, contact John Deere directly. As mentioned before, you may be the one in a thousand to end up with a lemon, but to end up with a lemon dealership is a slap in the face.
Well said. Machines are made on assembly lines in mass process, mistakes are made, it happens. However dealerships are made of living breathing human beings, lemon dealerships are disgraceful. I beg you to seek help elsewhere before condeming the whole Gator line, although I do understand your frustration.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Your dealer is a vital part when you are having issues. They can really make or break the experience. The dealer suggesting a tune up at 20 hrs at your experience is not a good sign.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Why make an account to specifically make that post. It seems like a lot of work just to bash a product. By the time he got an account made and that posted deere corporate could of been on the other end of the phone and something could of actually gotten done.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alas it is a cluster of issues....

I live in a Central American Country, purchased the unit in Florida and shipped it. There is only one dealer in the country with typical Latin American work style, there is no such thing as an employee of the dealer saying, there seems to also be a problem with 'x' and we should fix it. They do the minimum to get the machine out the door and try to get as much revenue as possible.

So it seems that not only was there a quality control issue in the manufacturing of my machine, there is little or no training from JD to the dealer here to raise the bar to what I expected to be the standard from the John Deere organization.

I don't know what the other manufacturers service/dealer reputation is here but it could not be worse that my experience.

Canpandave

·
Registered
165 Posts
thanks for clarifying the additional hurdles you're dealing with but poor customer service is probably the "norm" in your area not just the JD dealer. It doesn't relieve you frustration but this just may be one of those live and learn life lessons. And unfortunately when a large company builds in another country, that dealer will typically run it's business to mirror its culture. Not to drag on but I work for a company that built in Costa Rica. They used bamboo for scaffolding which would never be allowed in the US. It's too expensive to inport bamboo HA! Just kidding:D Work on getting the bugs fixed and hopefully enjoying your gator in the very near future.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts