John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I bought a 2012 XUV with about 400 hours. I purchased the John Deere maintenance kit and after changing the oil I noticed the dipstick didn't show nice clean oil. According to the previous owner, he changed the oil annually. I'm not sure if I should do another oil change with an engine flush?

·
Registered
46 Posts
No problem doing it again if you want to. It’s probably not needed but it will give you peace of mind and a good starting point from your ownership. I would but I’m overly critical about things like this(OCD). By the way, how much oil did you put in after the change? My 560e says 1.5 quarts with filter but that put it a 1/4 inch over the full mark and I had let the oil drain until nothing else came out. I find that 1 1/4 quarts puts it between the marks.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Considering the minimal amount of oil I’d consider flushing. Perhaps Shane a the angle so the oil drains more favorably and start with warm engine oil.

Reactions: Brushbob

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No problem doing it again if you want to. It’s probably not needed but it will give you peace of mind and a good starting point from your ownership. I would but I’m overly critical about things like this(OCD). By the way, how much oil did you put in after the change? My 560e says 1.5 quarts with filter but that put it a 1/4 inch over the full mark and I had let the oil drain until nothing else came out. I find that 1 1/4 quarts puts it between the marks.
Sorry for the delayed response. 1.5 qts

1 - 4 of 4 Posts