John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a hard time finding out what fluid I need to purchase. Supposedly there was a recall on mine before I bought it and its now leaking from the caulking/gasket.. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

·
Registered
685 Posts
I hesitate to post this because it is NOT information for your model. In case it is helpful though, the 825i has a transaxle in the rear that requires HyGard. The FRONT differential uses ATF.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
bubba if they use the same as the 850/860i then they use regular hydraulic oil in both the trans and rear diff. i looked at the specs and it would not tell me what type went into it. sorry buddy

·
Registered
250 Posts
I hesitate to post this because it is NOT information for your model. In case it is helpful though, the 825i has a transaxle in the rear that requires HyGard. The FRONT differential uses ATF.

Hope this helps.
THIS IS FOR THE 825i..
EMFWD Differential Oil

John Deere J20C Low Viscosity HY-GARD™ transmission and hydraulic oil is recommended.

IMPORTANT: Avoid Damage! Mixing of LOW VISCOSITY HY - GARD™ and HY - GARD™ oils is permitted. DO NOT mix any other oils in this transmission. DO NOT use engine oil or “Type F” (Red) Automatic Transmission Fluid in this transmission.

Other oils may be used if above recommended John Deere oils are not available, provided they meet the following specification:

John Deere Standard JDM J20C.

·
Registered
250 Posts
This is for the 550..

use oil viscosity based on the expected air temperature range during the period between oil changes.

The following oils are preferred:

John Deere HY-GARD™
John Deere Low Viscosity HY-GARD™
Other oils may be used if they meet one of the following:

John Deere Standard JDM J20C
John Deere Standard JDM J20D
Use John Deere BIO-HY-GARD™ oil when a biodegradable fluid is required.1

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.