John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

After about a year or so sitting under a shed unused we took our gator in to get serviced. The last time we ran it it ran fine but we knew it needed some TLC because of how long it was sitting. The shop said that it was a gonner because they noticed vermin had been all throughout and would not work on it...so we had them drain the gas line, put new oil and battery on it, and air up the tires.

After taking it home and putting new gas and some sea foam in it we got it to start right up. Everyone cheered! So we turned it off, had a few beers and some high fives and prepared to drive it into my garage. We tried to start it up again to get it off the trailer and it wouldn't turn over...no lights on the dash...nothing.

I'm hoping its something as simple as replacing a fuse but I have no clue what I'm doing so I'm just looking for guidance on what to troubleshoot first.

Thanks!

·
Administrator
3,821 Posts
Hi all,

After about a year or so sitting under a shed unused we took our gator in to get serviced. The last time we ran it it ran fine but we knew it needed some TLC because of how long it was sitting. The shop said that it was a gonner because they noticed vermin had been all throughout and would not work on it...so we had them drain the gas line, put new oil and battery on it, and air up the tires.

After taking it home and putting new gas and some sea foam in it we got it to start right up. Everyone cheered! So we turned it off, had a few beers and some high fives and prepared to drive it into my garage. We tried to start it up again to get it off the trailer and it wouldn't turn over...no lights on the dash...nothing.

I'm hoping its something as simple as replacing a fuse but I have no clue what I'm doing so I'm just looking for guidance on what to troubleshoot first.

Thanks!
Check for corrosion on battery terminals and grounds, remove and clean each connection.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The terminal connections are clean as far as I can tell.
Asphalt Gas Font Flash photography Wire

I noticed this though... but im pretty sure it was already disconnected/damaged when we fired her up

Automotive tire Bicycle tire Tire Gas Tread

Automotive tire Hood Tread Bicycle tire Tire

I just checked all of the fuses and those are still good

·
Administrator
3,821 Posts
Do you have a multi tester ? if so can you test for voltage at the key switch?

·
Registered
XUV 550 with Honda GX 630
888 Posts
After the beers did you remember to depress the brake pedal for starting? If other electrical devices on the Gator work check to make sure the brake safety switch is working.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all,

Thanks!
ignition switch or losen the ground wire from the frame 1st clean all the frame grounded wires ill bet ya its that simple lol Ron T let me know make sure u have a good battery and a 12 volt test light and a continuity tester its simple ck all your connections an clean use a spray sealant after u find it to keep rain mud an corrosion . i have an old 93 6x4 a old 825 an a 16 625 normal thing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts