John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does one move/remove the seat back (single bench seat on a xuv 550) in order to access the air filter latches?

Thanks,
Walt Puryear

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately no - and one of the securing straps for the filter is very difficult to operate without some additional space.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Reamoveing Seat Back XUV 550

Hello wpuryear. To remove your seat back simply pull the bottom of the seat back toward the dash. There are three ball pins that fit in rubber sockets. After they pop just lift up and you'll be good. mountaingoat

·
Registered
101 Posts
But the air filter housing cannot be removed with the metal frame of the seat back in place.
No, not the housing, ask me how i know.. done this 50 times before and it still pisses me off every time i see a bench seat on a 550 lol
I'm the same way x~x! Every time I get one of these in the shop I want to choke the engineer that designed it. That and putting fuel pumps in 825i's with high back or bucket seats!

·
Registered
727 Posts
Long ago I "modified" the plastics a bit for easier removal. A cut or two with the Sawzall helped a lot and the cuts are not visible when the machine is assembled.

·
Registered
426 Posts
They did change some stuff on the 560 plastics making it easier to take off the plastics but the bench is still a problem even on those.

Had a couple of 560s in lately and every one has been easy untill i got one with a bench aswell.
"Yeah no problem ill take a look at the carb in a second just let me.... oooh holy mother of god its a bench seat, never mind"

They should just make a revision where the make the bench one piece that attaches to the base

If you own a bench seat and want an amazing machine, swap it some nice bucket or high back seats

1 - 13 of 13 Posts