John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Has anyone lowered their tire pressures to get a softer smoother ride?

I have the stock Bighorn tires on the alloy rims and have been running the recommended 14 PSI.

Has any one lowered their pressures for traction or ride? I don't carry any loads, other than the occasional grass clippings, so I am looking for a "Buick" kind of ride. I have also turned the shock preload to the softest settings.

Thanks for your comments

·
Registered
904 Posts
I have a rzr 900 and I dropped them to 9 PSI and the heaviest thing I carry other than myself is a stocked cooler. I think you would be fine, that is just a recommended pressure.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi All 550 owners:
I have a 6 month old 550 with black steel wheels Ancia m-T extreme tires.These are the stock tires on the olive and black 550.I use it for hunting on rough dirt roads and these tires deflated several times due to bead breaking loose on rough dips once on both front tires that had 14 lbs of air. i had a can of puncture seal in a can and that got me back to camp 4 miles away.No leaks only flat from bead breaking.I will call the dealer on this.Has anyone else had this or did most buy upgraded tires and wheels?These tires and wheels work good and are smooth but bead breaking has to be solved.mechfreda.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts