John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 590M had the red lamp on the instrument cluster come on. My wife immediately stopped it.
I got it back to the barn and found the ICC Instrument Cluster was full of water.
Assuming this was the problem and knowing it needed to be replaced I ordered one and replaced it.
I have no display now and it will not start. The fuel pump comes on for about 20 seconds, which is normal. The electric power steering works but nothing else. All fuses are good but no power on three fuses that should be energized with switch on. I will update with those fuse numbers when I can.
I have it torn apart and am about to reassemble it and take it to a dealer.

Any one have a similar problem and can help.

Thanks in

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Just asking... Does the instrument panel need to be married to the ECM?

Might be worth contacting the dealer you bought it from and asking them if it is plug and play. Perhaps it is a bad unit.

Any clues how it became full of water?

Please post back resolution as I don't recall anyone mentioning this before.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know about the ECU question. I have been troubleshooting the missing voltage problem.
The ICC should be pretty water resistant, as they live outside a great deal of the time.
John Deere dealers do not want to help you they want $$$.
I will post resolution.
Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I promised an update when it was resolved, here it is.
I took the Gator to James River equipment in Greensboro. The technician was pretty sure it needed to be "flashed"
Sure enough that is all the new ICC needed.
They did have to order a cable, seems the ever continuing changes had made a new cable necessary for the new ICC to be "flashed".
Seems to be ok now.
The technician had never seen an ICC Instrument cluster get water in it.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Thanks for reporting back the resolution!!!

It really helps with forum quality.

If you don’t mind answering.…. How much did they charge for flashing the ICC?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts