John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving my Gator XUV 620i in 2WD mode a couple of days ago and all of a sudden it shifts itself into 4WD. The XUV has on-demand 4WD with a rocker switch which electronically switches between 2WD and 4WD mode. The switch was in 2WD mode when it shifted itself into 4WD. I have switched back and forth between 4WD and 2WD. I also drove it in reverse several times in case it was wedged in 4WD. I pulled the mode switch from its socket. Nothing I have done as this point has released it from 4WD mode.

Does anyone know what may have caused my problem and how to correct it?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had the switch itself go bad on my older 825I and kept it locked in 4x4.. Every Gator I ever owned and there have been four ,all have had a few issues with the front end locking into 4x4 and not wanting to disengage, and like you said ,it would free up with a short back up.. Hope you get a better answer then mine..

·
Registered
483 Posts
I had the switch itself go bad on my older 825I and kept it locked in 4x4.. Every Gator I ever owned and there have been four ,all have had a few issues with the front end locking into 4x4 and not wanting to disengage, and like you said ,it would free up with a short back up.. Hope you get a better answer then mine..
The locking and having to back up to free it is documented in the manual. That is not a fix obviously but they tried to document around it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts