John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am told the diesel in the XUV series is a Yan Mar with a good reputation. Is that true?

More specifically, what are the gas engines? One is a Kaw and one is from India? What is the Kaw an what do you know about this engine from India?

·
Registered
709 Posts
The Yanmar diesel has been around for along time and John Deere has had a long relationship with them. That's the only company that Deere uses in their Compact Utilities, Mowers, and gators. It is really a bullet proof engine. That's in the XUV 855D.

The XUV 625i runs a 24hp Kawasaki engine. Again, another bullet proof engine. Very dependable and a bit more forgiving when maintenance isnt done as regularly as it should.

The XUV 825i has a Chery Engine, which is a Chinese made engine. Chery has been used a LOT out west in Sand Buggies and the like. The reason Deere chose this engine, is a couple of reasons. 1.) Its been proven out west that it can tolerate some harsh conditions and 2.) It's a low maintenance engine. Now with that being said, there are only so many things maintenance wise that a dealer can do with those engines with out having to replace it. So far, In our dealership, we have had really good luck with those selling about 65 825i's a year.

·
Registered
XUV 550 with Honda GX 630
869 Posts
And, the XUV 550 has a Briggs & Stratton Vanguard V-twin, air cooled, carbureted and is 570cc, and produces about 16hp.

I've got a Yanmar 3TNE74 in one tractor (X595se) and a 3TNV76 in another (2305). Both are basically larger displacement versions of what's used in the 855D and they are indeed very good engines.

I certainly would not let the Chinese Cheri engine in the 825 scare me. It's used in some of their automobile models so it's a high volume engine that's been thoroughly engineered and is a proven performer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
turbo kit

has any1 installed a turbo to there 850d? just wondering is it a success.. anlso, do the 850d have an intake air temp sensor, if so where is it located

1 - 4 of 4 Posts