John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, is it possible to adjust the throttle pedal on a 2015 xuv550? It's very lurchy and it's not easy to pull away gracefully!

·
Registered
737 Posts
Have you investigated why your vehicle is lurching? Is the engine reving up unpredictably or not smoothly? More likely is a primary clutch problem as most/all 550's have sticking issues with the clutch. That can cause jerky engagement and worse, the clutch won't properly disengage at ide which leads to shifting problems and transmission damage if you force it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I too have experienced the over sensitive throttle issues. The problem is the cable is fixed to close to the throttle shaft making it almost instant on and off. There is no real way to extend the lever on the throttle. The only correction I have been successful with is to lower the cable connection on the throttle pedal. This allows more travel with the pedal and less at the throttle.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a 2020 XUV 560e with the same problem, since day 1. When I press on the gas gently, the transmission does not engage right away. My Gator doesn't have a tach, so I don't know at what RPM the transmission engages. The Gator shifts in and out of gear just fine, forward and reverse. The problem of it not engaging right away is more of an irritant than a real problem. I've learned to live with it. But it would be nice if, when I push on the gas, the transmission engages.

·
Registered
737 Posts
The clutch should not engage right away. It works off centrifugal force. The engine rpm's must increase to the clutches engagement rpm before it will engage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts