John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2019 XUV590E S4
It periodically won’t start and only has 3k rpm when trying. Jump it off it works great and runs great. Let it idle and turn on lights and it intermittently bogs and sometimes dies. Then I have to jump it off to get it to start. New battery, fuel pump, fuel filter, plugs, and air filter. It’s strong when it runs but I can’t go anywhere with it because I’m scared it won’t start again.

12.9 Volts before start....14.8 while running normally...today though, drove one mile to house to get knife to clean deer...left idling while lights were on....after fine minutes lost power and cut off...no bog...just stopped.....12.6 volts before start...11.6 Volts when turning over but wont start....left me stranded in woods today...jumping off wont work this time....

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Sounds like your charging circuitry is not functioning as designed. I’d start there

Could have gotten a bad battery. Perhaps have it load tested at your favorite auto store. Need proof that it is good. New isn’t proof it is performing as it should. Same goes with othe components. Fuel pressure would be more helpful than knowing pump is new.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts