John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I'm new here but we've had our gator now 2 years bought new 2017. We only use it during summer months so its like new and not really used much. We just had the oil changed, filter bla bla bla by a John Deere mechanic who is normally very good. However, a day later we try to fill the gas tank and it won't take the gas even though we know the tank is empty except for a little bit. When we unscrew the gas cap all we see is a big area now filled with gas and I don't think its supposed to look that way. Normally when you fill a gas tank the gas goes thru some sort of gas line? Did the mechanic not line up the gas line with the cap? We've called the service department 2X and still have not received a call back which is driving us crazy.

·
Super Moderator
3,356 Posts
Below is a diagram of the fuel tank and fuel lines. If only the oil was changed, I’m having a hard time understanding why you can’t add fuel to the tank ? I believe the fuel tank is under the seat correct ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much for that! John Deere finally got back to us and they said the mechanic knows exactly what happened but can't get out here till Friday. But I printed out the diagram and will give it to hubby after I look at it!!

·
Super Moderator
3,356 Posts
Thank you so much for that! John Deere finally got back to us and they said the mechanic knows exactly what happened but can't get out here till Friday. But I printed out the diagram and will give it to hubby after I look at it!!
You are welcome ! Please keep us updated with a detailed explanation of the repair if you can, this will help others in the future.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Change the oil & general service and the ability to fill fuel tank is no longer possible?... Seems strange and I look forward to the explanation.

Reactions: Bradhill

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You are welcome ! Please keep us updated with a detailed explanation of the repair if you can, this will help others in the future.
It was the gauge....new one on order. Thanks for your help! Its a newer Gator why we didn't think it could be the gauge.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts