John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2019 835m the muffler is very loud . I am considering the Silent Rider BT -825 after market add on silencer . Has anyone tried this product? Also was concerned if the silencer would interfere with the power lift bed ? Any help? Thanks , Bob

·
Registered
53 Posts
On my 2019 835m the muffler is very loud . I am considering the Silent Rider BT -825 after market add on silencer . Has anyone tried this product? Also was concerned if the silencer would interfere with the power lift bed ? Any help? Thanks , Bob

Some past users reported it did quiet the machine, but you have chances of overheating the machine because it reduces the flow. and I recall the dump bed will hit the added silencer.
At high speed the noisiest thing on my machine were the aggressive V grove tires, once I change to interlocking C groves like truck tires the noise in the cab was reduced greatly.

Since its a 2019 under warranty, you would probably best leave it.
Or bring it to a local custom muffler shop to have an automotive style muffler fitted, at least they will warranty their work.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have the same noise complaint with an open cockpit XUV625i. I have done some research on the Silent Knight device but it seems that it delivers, at best, pretty minimal noise reduction. I have grudgingly learned to live with the noise factor to date but would welcome any Forum members with actual field experience.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I put one on my 835. It made a very big difference in sound. The bed did just touch it but not to bad I just stop the bed when it touches. I would say it’s about 1/2-1” from all the way up. You don’t have to worry about overheating I drove mine hard for almost 4000 miles and my temp gauge has never went over halfway. They are a great add on go for it you’ll love it. I think the internals are about burnt out of mine with 4000 miles. I had it off the other day and I could here stuff rattle in it when I shook it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts