John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the dealer code to reset the speed limiter alarm on a gator xuv835m? Someone fiddling around with the the instrument display accidentally set the user code and now I cannot turn it off without a dealer code.

·
Super Moderator
3,692 Posts
Does anyone know the dealer code to reset the speed limiter alarm on a gator xuv835m? Someone fiddling around with the the instrument display accidentally set the user code and now I cannot turn it off without a dealer code.
What were they attempting to do when the code was changed? Which menu was changed? Have you looked in the Technical Manual for a code ?
Please more information

Reactions: 200mph

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
What would the dealer charge to remedy? Whoever "fiddled" with the instrument should be responsible and absorb the cost to fix.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What were they attempting to do when the code was changed? Which menu was changed? Have you looked in the Technical Manual for a code ?
Please more information
When you enter the USER operator display on the dashboard, the operator has the option to change multiple settings, including the tire size, the instrument language, etc. There is also an option to turn on the speed limiter alarm by selecting/entering a 4 digit code. To turn off the speed limiter alarm, one should simply re-enter the code. In this case the code is lost. The manual says that a user could use a dealer supplied 4 digit code to turn off the speed limiter alarm. Anyone know this 4 digit code? (I tried the obvious ones: 0000, 1234, 5555)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What would the dealer charge to remedy? Whoever "fiddled" with the instrument should be responsible and absorb the cost to fix.
When you enter the USER operator display on the dashboard, the operator has the option to change multiple settings, including the tire size, the instrument language, etc. There is also an option to turn on the speed limiter alarm by selecting/entering a 4 digit code. To turn off the speed limiter alarm, one should simply re-enter the code. In this case the code is lost. The manual says that a user could use a dealer supplied 4 digit code to turn off the speed limiter alarm. Anyone know this 4 digit code? (I tried the obvious ones: 0000, 1234, 5555)

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Why not reach out to your local dealer to see if they will divulge code? If you bought out from them, they will likely help. At last it is worth a shot.

Reactions: Bradhill

·
Registered
2010 CX, 2021 XUV590E S4
10 Posts
If memory serves, the owners manual (for my 590E) made it sound like the code for a machine had to be read from the dash unit itself rather than being a static master code. It may take a service visit to clear it.

·
Super Moderator
3,692 Posts
@Nikdfish is correct, below is a screenshot from the 835 Operators Manual. It appears the magic code lives in the controller which requires dealership intervention.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I hate getting yelled at by seat belt alarms. I don't use them in the pasture but do use them on the road. Presumably, your belt needs to be buckled to bypass the now activated limiter. My easy fix is to remove the plug from the seat belt switch, insert a properly bent staple, and plug it back in. Now the belt is always "buckled".

·
Registered
69 Posts
I did the same thing to mine by accident one day and lucky I guessed the code I entered by accident. It was 1111. That sucks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts